The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL MadiXtreme/Alphalink problem: could not set sample rate to specified value DAW Software
Old 12th March 2012
Gear Head

SSL MadiXtreme/Alphalink problem: could not set sample rate to specified value

Hi,

I recently recorded a session at a studio at 96Khz, but have run into a problem when trying to open it on my own system. I get the error message "Could not complete the Open Session command because Pro Tools could not set sample rate to specified value"

Until this point I've only ever worked at 44.1, and didn't have any problems. Now I can't open or create any sessions, regardless of sample rate.

I'm running Pro Tools 9.0.6, on Windows 7, MadiXtreme (build 19, 1 MADI), SSL Alphalink

Having googled the error message there seems to be plenty of people who have encountered this error, but none of the solutions work for me, and none of them were with the MadiXtreme anyway.

I've tried lots of things, thrashing Pref/Database, disabling Windows sound, disabling all other audio device on board motherboard, nothing helps.

I was able to open the session through Asio4All, so maybe that's a clue as to what is wrong. Another thing that might be helpful, in Playback Devices, when I right-click SSL Soundscape and press "Test" it says "The device is being used by another application", though everything is closed.

Any help would be really appreciated!
Old 13th March 2012
Gear Head

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 13th March 2012
Jai guru deva om

You could contact SSL for tech support, overall I have found them helpful and usually respond within 24 hours.
Old 13th March 2012
Gear Head

Yeah have done, just thought somebody might have had the same problem and could get a quick reply. I'll see what the SSL guys have to say about it anyway, thanks.
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

How to do you sync your system? Try to sync your Alphalink to your MadiXtreme with a BNC cable. Re-open your session and save a new copy of the project. Take that copy/project for working outside. That can help.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search