The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ebay past auction prices?
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Addict

Ebay past auction prices?

Is there a way to look at past auction prices on ebay. That is, I'm interested in purchasing something on ebay and I want to see what similar items sold for in the past. Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a function on ebay that lets you look at auctions past?

Thanks

shirk
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Completed Items...

Do a search on the item your looking for... it will then load a page and show you the 'active items'. In the left margin of that page there is a heading 'Search Options' check the 'completed listings' box and then click the 'show items' bar ... you WILL have to be a member to use this option...

A great feature...
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Note that it only goes back a couple weeks. Used to be longer, but they reduced the time period covered.
Old 17th May 2006
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Addict

That Prepal site does not look like it has been updated in awhile. Anybody know anything about the site. Is it still current?
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfkat
That Prepal site does not look like it has been updated in awhile. Anybody know anything about the site. Is it still current?
I dont believe it's been updated in at least 3-4 years.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear
I wanted to start a project archiving these auction results once, and then I got lazy.

But really, now I know why eBay doesn't themselves offer an archive, and why they won't let others legally store this info either:

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y04/m03/i03/s01

Their reason, ostensibly, is to prevent illegal auctions from being ever accessable after they are pulled.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search