The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ebay past auction prices?
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Ebay past auction prices?

Is there a way to look at past auction prices on ebay. That is, I'm interested in purchasing something on ebay and I want to see what similar items sold for in the past. Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a function on ebay that lets you look at auctions past?

Thanks

shirk
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Completed Items...

Do a search on the item your looking for... it will then load a page and show you the 'active items'. In the left margin of that page there is a heading 'Search Options' check the 'completed listings' box and then click the 'show items' bar ... you WILL have to be a member to use this option...

A great feature...
Old 17th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Note that it only goes back a couple weeks. Used to be longer, but they reduced the time period covered.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
http://www.prepal.com/
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
That Prepal site does not look like it has been updated in awhile. Anybody know anything about the site. Is it still current?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfkat
That Prepal site does not look like it has been updated in awhile. Anybody know anything about the site. Is it still current?
I dont believe it's been updated in at least 3-4 years.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I wanted to start a project archiving these auction results once, and then I got lazy.

But really, now I know why eBay doesn't themselves offer an archive, and why they won't let others legally store this info either:

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y04/m03/i03/s01

Their reason, ostensibly, is to prevent illegal auctions from being ever accessable after they are pulled.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…