The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D/A 002R VS central station
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear
D/A 002R VS central station

hi does anyone know the different in quality of the D/A converters on the digi 002R and the D/A converters on the presonus central station?

I mean not from a subjective point of view-

any knows the different specs?

thanks
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear
anyone?
pleaze
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Nut

I'm sure you can easily find the specs yourself online. Neither of them are great; I think I'd use the 002 over the CS D/A myself if I had to use one of the two.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Owning both those pieces of gear, I'll give you a subjective response anyway:

They are both about the same--functional and clean in a utilitarian kind of way, but certainly there is better DA out there. I really think it is a complete waste of time to go into a big comparison angst thing over these two converters. Close your eyes and point and get that one.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

I brought a Mytek DA for my 002.. Cost almost the same.
There a big difference between the 002 and teh Mytek, although some people I A?B it to could not hear much difference.
I am a big believer that your listening chain has to be really good.
Although I know guys who get a good balance and mix from just computer or boombox speakers with mbox mk1's. It is all in the ears and how well you know your moinitoring enviroment

If you want to ue all the functions on the central station then look at it as extra 2 DA out.
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmixer04
hi does anyone know the different in quality of the D/A converters on the digi 002R and the D/A converters on the presonus central station?

I mean not from a subjective point of view-

any knows the different specs?

thanks
how about the CS and a 2408?
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear
thanks ..

I have already purchased the central station for talkback purpose, and for my extra set of monitors. I was just curiouse if anyone knew the specs.. I have a hard time telling the differences between the two DA s.

I know the converters in my digi002R isnt that much:: )

BTW: davemc

I totally agree with you ..
the mix is in your ears, and the boombox is a nice thing for balancing mids and bass though

cheers
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

if you can't hear the difference, then it wouldn't make much difference to you.

like Albert said, just pick one.
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Yep I have a boombox that I use a lot. Nice to have a change up from the main monitors. Normally nice to have the level down as some bands like to crank it all day.. My wife normally knows when I come home and my normal talking level becomes a shout

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search