The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sorry! They ECHO UNIT thread was takin the wrong way.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Sorry! They ECHO UNIT thread was takin the wrong way.

I think people took it the wrong way.
I do not think people should be banned for there opnions or what they say.

I find Echo Unit amusing most of the time.

I am just curious to see what other's have to say.

Someone on another post said they thought Echo Unit should be banned I don't agree.

I say let him/her/it stay.

----------------------------------------------

I better be careful or I might get banned.

Sorry Jules.

PAX
KC
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Really, i should be banned.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hahaha.......... big fear from being banned from gearslutz....
Old 16th May 2006
"Everybody is banned for 15 minutes" - Malice Warhole (Famous French mouse)
Old 17th May 2006
FX smörgåsbord user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Now, that's FUNNY!!
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
You are to funny Jules.

KC
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Since it is no more...

Long live the Yoonit de Ecko!! thumbsup
Old 17th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkelly81
I do not think people should be banned for there opnions or what they say.
I do.
Especially when they hijack the thread(s) and throw rocks at the thread starter.
Old 17th May 2006
I leave banning to moderators, as a rule. I'm guessing from this thread that "she" did get banned. I don't think I saw whatever caused it -- but I DID see enough to come to the conclusion that "Echo Unit" was pretty much "walters" all over again. Maybe not the same actual person or people as "walters" but cut out of the same basic cloth.

I wouldn't like to think people would get banned at the drop of a hat but if it's true "she" was banned, it ain't gonna break my heart.

[Full disclosure: I HAVE been banned from a forum. Not in any of the political forums where I seldom bother with congeniality or colleagiality. Not in any tech forums where I'm usually on pretty good behavior. But in the FIREFOX SUPPORT FORUM where I apparently pointed out one too many bugs that hadn't been fixed. And I was banned after just 3 posts, which I would like to think is some kind of record anywhere. If I hadn't received a notice saying I was banned, I wouldn't have believed it. For once, I was truly dumbfounded.]
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosum
I do.
Especially when they hijack the thread(s) and throw rocks at the thread starter.

Stating your opinion is one thing, personally insulting someone is another....
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Thanks for stickin your neck out for me there fella

In Greenland we call ourselves Greenmen and when speaking about men from China we say Chinamen. If you prefer I will write Chinese Men or Asian Assemblers. Sorry for the un-intentional racism fellow memebers and owner.

Anyway, I am not a troll, I am a Willow the whisp. Isn't anyone else ticked off that this product was introduced 2 years ago, eventually promised to be released spring 2006 and still hasn't been released yet? This company needs some stronger coffee for those Aisian Assemblers so they can speed things up a bit. I want one of these and I think Alan should give me one free for keeping the thread going and selling more of them from all the exposure.

For those of you who haven't read my post on living sound and dead sound please check it out. It is a major revelation in recent recording concepts and will help make your mixing life a lot easier.
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo unit
It is a major revelation in recent recording concepts and will help make your mixing life a lot easier.
You may consider that others have also been blessed with such revelations.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

My ten minute investigation reveals no reference to Greenlanders calling themselves "Greenmen"... which leads me to believe that Echo Unit is not from Greenland. I wonder- who IS Echo Unit?
David
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
I want one of these...

it's good to see you're finally expressing what it is that frustrates you so much about the delays at toft. honesty is such a simple and precious thing, i highly recommend it over denial.

gregoire
del ubik
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Isn't anyone else ticked off that this product was introduced 2 years ago, eventually promised to be released spring 2006 and still hasn't been released yet?
Where did you get the idea that the Toft mixer was introduced 2 years ago? That's a crock of ****. Provide a link. Why must you always lie? The earliest mention I can find of the ATB is March, 2005. BTW, it's still Spring right now, even in (cough, cough) Greenland (EchoUnit's make believe home) and Boston (Jacklynn's make believe home).

I agree -- EchoUnit / Jacklynn should not be banned for being a manipulative, arrogant, immature, libelous, racist, antagonistic moron who uses two user IDs on GS to spew lies and mistruths, often aimed at economically harming a single company who contributes to GS and the audio maketplace.

-Synth80s
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Herbert
My ten minute investigation reveals no reference to Greenlanders calling themselves "Greenmen"... which leads me to believe that Echo Unit is not from Greenland. I wonder- who IS Echo Unit?
David
Greenmen=Out of Earth=Alien

/Cojo
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Maniac

i have fixed all my problems with echo unit long ago....i just put him on my ignore list and now i dont see his posts at all. It is funny because there hasn't been one thread where i missed something due to not seeing his post. I personally dont have any personal beef with echo unit...i just find every one of his posts literally obnoxious and so i ignore them.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

THIS is true - I'm a Swede living in China and I say "Chinamen" as well. The word is pretty common even in China. Tjing Tjong wong
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

GS is probably the best msg board on the net as far as letting people speak their mind. I love it. No one should be banned from this site.

Though I think several GS members should be banned from recording studios thats for sure

Anyone who recommends a Fender product as being versatile needs to be exiled for supplying false info to unsuspecting gearslutz

Also anyone who claims a AT mic is better than a nuemann should not only be exiled too but biffed across the head..................... and burned at the stake as a heretic
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hey Dim,

You moved to China not too long ago, right?
Ain´t it strange? Such a completely different mentality? Aren´t you homesick down there?

I´m really curious about that.

Ruphus
Old 17th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetucker1
i have fixed all my problems with echo unit long ago....i just put him on my ignore list and now i dont see his posts at all. It is funny because there hasn't been one thread where i missed something due to not seeing his post. I personally dont have any personal beef with echo unit...i just find every one of his posts literally obnoxious and so i ignore them.

Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruphus
Hey Dim,

You moved to China not too long ago, right?
Ain´t it strange? Such a completely different mentality? Aren´t you homesick down there?

I´m really curious about that.

Ruphus
Yoga!
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

I like your hair - is it real?
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim light
Yoga!
Guess I should give meditation a new try. heh

Ruphus
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by allencollins
Anyone who recommends a Fender product as being versatile needs to be exiled for supplying false info to unsuspecting gearslutz
There has been a common pattern in your anti-Fender rants..

Let me ask you this -were you molested as a child by a Fender employee?
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allencollins
Riiiiiiiiiight... I did about 50 guitar sessions last year- I own around 15 guitars. 80% of the time I used a Telecaster.

I'm beginning to think you were traumatised as a child by a Fender product of some type.

JR
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bit mangler
There has been a common pattern in your anti-Fender rants..

Let me ask you this -were you molested as a child by a Fender employee?
LOL that is weird- snap!
Old 17th May 2006
500 series nutjob

the Telecaster is what i reach for first!
it is a hard axe to beat.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

I always reach for a strat. Plug it in, shake my head around to get loose, scrape my pick down the low E string, and turn the Marshall stack up to 11.

Then it dawns on me.

I'm a keyboard player.

-synthoid
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Maybe if you tried a Tele you'd suddenly find you're a guitar player?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search