The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sorry! They ECHO UNIT thread was takin the wrong way.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Or a balalaika and find yourself to be a Cossack.
You never know. heh

Ruphus

PS: They are the world champions in tremolo, aren´t they? Can be killer when they play orchestra.
... I´m hearing it in my head right now ... la la la lala la lala la la la la la la la lala la la la la lalalala la la la ...
You too? Don´t worry, it will be gone again when you wake up tomorrow. ... Or maybe not, he he he heh
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthoid
I always reach for a strat. Plug it in, shake my head around to get loose, scrape my pick down the low E string, and turn the Marshall stack up to 11.

Then it dawns on me.

I'm a keyboard player.

-synthoid
I love this post.
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by allencollins
Anyone who recommends a Fender product as being versatile needs to be exiled for supplying false info to unsuspecting gearslutz
Please tell me what guitar IS the most versatile. Surely it's the Rickenbacker 340.
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neukoln
Please tell me what guitar IS the most versatile. Surely it's the Rickenbacker 340.
On a serious note, I find Gretsch filtertron equipped guitars to be much more tonally versitile than any Gibson or Fender guitar. Right in the middle tonality wise. Personally I use TV Jones Powertron pickups which blur the Fender/Gibson lines even further. I can kind of fake a Fender tone and Kind of fake a Gibson tone. A Strat comes no near a "Gibson" sound and a Les Paul comes nowhere near a "Strat" tone - even with coil taps. Between Gibson's and Fender's, I'd say Fender's are more versitile. Ric's are definetly one trick ponies but I do love the little buggers. I used to own a 660-6 but the thing only wanted to sound like a Ric. Go figure....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search