The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Should I move to Nashville? Your advice, please.
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

bump
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nek
So score looks like:
One against going to Nashville,
A dozen or so for going to Nashville.

Keep your experiences and thoughts about Nashville coming.
This is seriously helping a lot guys.

If anybody knows anybody that could possibly be looking for someone like me, Please, Please, PM me with the details.

Nicholas
nek,
i'm going to agree with everyone telling you to give it a shot! i was in a similar situation a couple of years ago...so i can sympathize with the way you're feeling. i'm also going to reinterate the point that people have made...PUSH HARD!!! that is good advice to anyone trying to move and make it in the music industry. and i'll add one more thing, if this is what you really want...DON'T GIVE UP!!!

i think you've gotten all of the advice, opinions, and suggestions you need! obviously majority of the people on GS will tell you that it's not a bad idea to go to Nashville. some people have given you great pointers...like:

plan a trip for a couple of weeks and check out the scene!
then, contact people from this site and go mingle, network...etc.
then plan your move!
it's that simple!

just decide to do it and take the chance already! it's the only way to do it, because the more you think about it, the longer it will take...and the more you will second guess yourself, over think it, and move further away from realistically going to Nashville! i also got some good advice when i was trying to plan my move...set a goal for the amount of time you want to give it a shot...like 3 or 4 YEARS, and if things don't work out...then move back and at least you'll know you gave it a fair chance. just don't move there for 3 or 4 months because that's not enough time to realistically get to know a new city, new people, the scene...etc. i've moved a couple of times over the last few years and i just recenlty ended up in Chicago and i'm happy in Chi-town, for at least the next 3 or 4 years...then i might move to NY, LA, or Nashville. or who knows, i might stay here! i've spent time in all 3 cities and i liked Nashville A LOT! anyway, the point of all this is to encourage you to do what your thinking about doing, go with your gut feeling, and to do it NOW! i guess Nike put it best, JUST DO IT! and i'll add to the nike saying by reinterating, DON'T GIVE UP!!! heh
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Nut

i guess fail19 put said it best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flail19
I say **ck it dude, do it. It's better to regret something you did than regret something you didn't do. Can your work situation be any worse in Nashville than it is where you are now. Nashville is the music capitol of the US by performer population alone. Am I right?
hey fail19, can i use that first line as my quote?

"I say **ck it dude, do it. It's better to regret something you did than regret something you didn't do."

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search