The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Name this keyboard
Old 6th March 2012
Gear Addict

Name this keyboard

What's the keyboard player in Jack White's band playing in the first clip?

See Jack White's Battle of the Sexes on 'Saturday Night Live' | SPIN

Looks and sounds nice.
Old 6th March 2012
Gear Addict

Korg SV-1?
Old 6th March 2012
Nice... Had the same exact thought.
Old 6th March 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisl View Post
Nice... Had the same exact thought.
I had to do a double take, with Jack White being a purist and all. Curious why she didnt just use a rhodes or wurly.
Old 6th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor27 View Post
I had to do a double take, with Jack White being a purist and all. Curious why she didnt just use a rhodes or wurly.
'Cos they sound great, but proper vintage ones are an expensive pain-in-the-arse to buy and maintain? Whereas a Korg SV (or Nord or Roland or whatever else takes your fancy) pretty much just comes out of its case and works, even if the sound isn't perfect.

I mean I love my old Yamaha D85 - OK it's no classic like a B3 or anything, but it's a nice old piece of gear from its day. But I wouldn't even think of taking it out to play live, even if I had a couple of tame gorillas on hand to do all the lifting and shifting (damn thing weighs around 300lbs or so).
Old 6th March 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianww View Post
'Cos they sound great, but proper vintage ones are an expensive pain-in-the-arse to buy and maintain? Whereas a Korg SV (or Nord or Roland or whatever else takes your fancy) pretty much just comes out of its case and works, even if the sound isn't perfect.

I mean I love my old Yamaha D85 - OK it's no classic like a B3 or anything, but it's a nice old piece of gear from its day. But I wouldn't even think of taking it out to play live, even if I had a couple of tame gorillas on hand to do all the lifting and shifting (damn thing weighs around 300lbs or so).
I figured that. Not to mention the weight of the rhodes.

I cant help but thinking though, didnt Jack record most of his albums with the White Stripes with gear pre 1972? You'd think that he'd have a mk i rhodes or two to take out on the road. I figure he'd be pretty adament about that sort of thing judging from interviews hes given in the past.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search