The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slightly OT: How's New Zealand?
Old 18th May 2006
Here for the gear

Let's get back on topic

OK, I'll conceed that NZ is indeed the pinnacle of Civilisation; Stainless, Faultless, Heaven On Earth with a Garden of Eden in the backyard ( lawn in need of a mow, hedges in need of a trim ) + bow out to your better judgement, Doc

In between the entire population prancing about hugging and kissing each other relentlessly, there may be just enough leeway for a hard metal studio; ( if you can shove all those bloody chorusing angels out of the sound booth )

El Gips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Roundmenge
I've lived in Japan for five years , USA for 1- 1/2 years , Germany for 1 year, New Zealand for twenty, Australia for 6 and I can catergorically state that you have this situation exactly backwards.

New Zealands race relations are vital, alive and a massive part of the quality of life in NZ. It's not always pretty, sure but it is IMVHO the most actively advanced state of cultural intergration on planet earth.

Sorry just name one place on planet earth outside of NZ that has an indigenious population that is alive, empowered, vocal and whose culture represents the key basis of a national identity after being invaded by europeans. Thats right - Nowhere.

And somehow I feel that you have yet to live in Japan long enough to understand - Nonetheless - I love it there.

Anyways - Leaving this behind and gettign back on topic - NZ is beautiful - Great place to live - as for making a living from owning a studio - Specializing in hard / metal etc. - that's going to be really really tough. I personally think you'll be better off staying in Austin - (that town kicks) make yr money there and retire in NZ
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search