The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yellow Cab Amplification, new kid on the block.
Old 14th May 2006
Here for the gear

Yellow Cab Amplification, new kid on the block.

Hi everyone, allow me to introduce myself and my products. I am the owner and builder of Yellow Cab Amplification products (live and studio guitar and bass cabs, and amps will be coming too.). Based in Canada, BC. There are many outthere already, I know. My idea may not be totally new but some may appreciate what I try to do.

I build cabs with vintage tone that have more of a HIFI response. Not by magic or voodoo components but simply applying good practice to design and construction of them. I take individual speaker that has the desired tone and design an enclosure that will allow that particular speaker to respond flatter, fuller, smoother,without boominess to allow player to play with the same intensity anywhere on the neck without having to worry about dips and spikes or boom.

Full range of guitar cabs 210, 212, 112, 115, 410
Full range of bass cabs 210, 410, 115

Some of the design and construction features:

1. Studio Series
Aestheticly pleasing solid wood, Maple Alder, other..Dovetail joints
Ported bass reflex enclosures (front ported , closed back)
Baffles and backs are Baltic birch 13ply
Baffles have beam blockers built-in
Internally cabinets are treated to reduce standing waves by avoiding parallel walls and using insulation.
Baffles and speakers are mounted using t-nuts and bolts for durability and to avoid rattles.

2. Live (Yellow) Series
all Baltic Birch 13Ply (410bass 1" 21ply) covered in vinyl
Same design treatment and hardware as studio cabs.

All cabs wired in parallel (unless otherwise requested)

Weber VST speakers are standard on all cabs.

Custom services available.

News and new arrivals will be posted on my website www.yellowcabamplification.com and my bulletin board.

Soon plan to introduce and impeadance equalizer circuit for all cabs, starting with bass, and 25W studio bass head "Sweet'n'Low", inspired by B15N, with matching single 15 cab.

I totally welcome input , direction, constructive criticism and hope to build great sounding, lasting, great looking gear with your input.

Thanks for reading, nice to meet you all.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Nice.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Just wanted to vouch for my buddy Andrei here, I think his cabs deliver the goods. Andrei's a bass player, and a couple of years ago we started talking about tone and his frustration with some of the design compromises he saw in most of the cabinets he had played through - long story short here I am still talking about it and he's gone ahead and started doing something about it. We're going to throw up some audio clips on the website in the near future, with more to follow (I don't want my crappy playing to be the deal breaker!). I'll post them up on this thread as well. I think we're going to have the 210 maple cab with Weber Blue Pups, the 112 alder cab with a Blue Dog in it, the 212 alder cab with Weber's version of vintage Jensen P12Q AlNiCo's and a Yellow Series 410 bass cab with ceramic Michigans (correct me if I'm wrong there Andrei).

Give him a call if you have any questions, he loves to talk about these cabs. When he arrived from Russia 10 years ago he could only speak a few words of English, now he'll talk your ear off with hardly any accent at all!
heh
Old 16th May 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

I just pm'd him about an empty 1 x 15" bass cab in natural wood finish. Hopefully by the end of summer I can grab it. What makes it kind of funny is that I will be using a Yellow cab with an Orange bass head. They look very sweet indeed.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Go all the way and get the yellow tolex. Those two together will be better than a black light poster!
heh

I am partial to the woods myself though...
Old 17th May 2006
Here for the gear

Someone asked on Talk Bass Forum, what do the cabs do?

Here is the reply:

Quote:
"A cab is a yellow car that takes you places for money, but you'll still need a driver with that.

Cool Eh, I could'n resist. Thats "Yellow" for you
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Nut

How is the background noise level for close mikeing and direct line recording? Most important thing in a studio amp. The quietest amp I ever heart was 80’s dean markely.
Old 18th May 2006
Here for the gear

Hi these are just cabs for now, there are amps coming though:

AC30 type is going to be made with major ammendments but preserving tone. It will be single channel, no trem/vib , Cory Davies of DaviesAudio is developing it rightnow, it will have to prove itself, noise level I am not worried about and there will not be a line out.

Portaflex type amp is also designed to be as low noise as possible and again no line out to begin with , we will add it later once amp is tested and approved.
Old 16th June 2006
Here for the gear

Some samples are available now.

Some samples are available now on studio 112, 212, 210 pages.

What are your thoughts?
Old 16th June 2006
Lives for gear

Just in case some are not finding the links on the website, here are the direct links;

210 Maple cab, Strat through a Kingsley Classic 30
This is some cleaner finger picking stuff. I sure like that Kingsley amp!

212 Alder cab, Hamer in single coil config through a '64 Bassman head
Again cleaner finger picking. This cab has a really woody tone that suits the Fender amps.

Same setup as above, higher gain
The cab really begins to chime when you dig in!

112 Alder cab, Les Paul through the Kingsley
The Blue Dogs start to compress really nicely when you push them.

We just finished doing the 410 Yellow Series Bass cab, so we'll post them up when they are on the site. Thanks for listening!
Old 16th June 2006
Gear Maniac

cool stuff!

Nice to see quality products coming off of Vancouver Island! thumbsup
Old 23rd June 2006
Here for the gear

Any feedback, comments?

Can you hear the cab, does it give you any idea of the responce, tone etc.?

Your comments are appreciated, I want to try to come up with ways to present and demonstrate my cabs in a relevant way.

Thanks,
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Darn it! I was going to name my new Hurdy-Gurdy company "YELLOW Hurdy-Gurdies!!!" Now what am I going to do?

So let's see, we've got...

Yellow Cabs

Orange Amps

Blue Mics

Violet mics

Red Mics

Purple Audio

Green Audio (search for the Fireball bass amp)

Brown Sound (weapon system/great sub for the Escalade)

Heck there's even White Amps (www.whiteamp.com)

and Pink Audio (www.pinkaudio.co.uk)

Everything's already black or silver (black face this, silver face that) that's no fun.

So I guess that leaves me with Fuchsia, Turquoise, or Goldenrod...

...ah forget it.
Old 23rd June 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufuss Sewell
Darn it! I was going to name my new Hurdy-Gurdy company "YELLOW Hurdy-Gurdies!!!" Now what am I going to do?

Everything's already black or silver (black face this, silver face that) that's no fun.

So I guess that leaves me with Fuchsia, Turquoise, or Goldenrod...

...ah forget it.

Ultramarine has a certain ring to it, Cyan sounds pretty mean, and of course there is always technicolor or the united colors.
Old 13th July 2006
Here for the gear

Had a great success with 212 Studio live with Wurlitzer, the amp used could have been better it was Crate V30, and for the sample I am about to offer I dont have any info as far as mics positions etc. It was donated to me by the band "Elephant Isalnd".
Hopefully you can hear the tone in the sample, live it was really really nice.

Wurly Sample

Wurly Sample2

There is more on the website.

Thanks,

Some feedback would still be nice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search