The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Selling my Digi 002r...I have questions... Audio Interfaces
Old 4th March 2012
Here for the gear

Selling my Digi 002r...I have questions...

Not sure this is the right forum for this but I am selling my 002r and have a few questions.

It originally came with PT 7 but I upgraded to 8 and it was a download which I have all the files and receipts etc. Do I have to give them the PT 7 discs? I don't really know where they are and was not sure if they could us the PT 8 upgrade to install or not.

Also, the ilok, to I keep that or do I give that to them?

Anything else I am missing?

Thanks.
Old 6th March 2012
Lives for gear
I sold my 003 and Avid requires you to fill-out a transfer form and you do have to include the software (it's tied to the HW) they require you give them the disks of the software and will not supply the new buyer with either the disks or a download link. The SW will be registered to the new account and once the buyer buys an upgrade they will then have that in their account.

You don't have to give them your ilok but I'm pretty sure you do have to transfer the asset to their ilok (and pay the $25 fee?) sorry I'm a little hazy on the last part but that is basically the process
Old 6th March 2012
Lives for gear
It depends. Are you planning to still use Pro Tools with another audio I/O, or are you leaving Pro Tools for good?

If you're staying with Pro Tools, keep the ilok and the install discs for yourself.

If you're leaving Pro Tools, do as Superwack mentioned to do the transfer form.

I'm selling my 002r as well but getting an mbox pro 3; I'll give them the original 6x disks but not the ilok.
Old 6th March 2012
Just sell the 002r on its own. If you have the 8 upgrade, give him that too. I don't want to sound naive but don't worry about all that transfer crap, he can't run 8 without the 002r hooked up so it doesn't matter. Keep the iLok if you have plugs you wanna keep, provided you stay with pro tools.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search