The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
recomendatios for a little home recording thingy
Old 14th May 2006
Gear Addict

recomendatios for a little home recording thingy

hiya

i want an interface that has an "ok" pre on it, maybe a low cut filter and phantom and gives me an "in" to my home pc which will be running cubase sx 3.. this is just for cheapo home demo's nothing awesome i just want to track acoustic guitar and some vocals later...

any recomendations?

im trawling the digital villages of the world but i just wondered if anyone had any favoriteS?

neil x
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hello,
Tascam US-122 has 2 usable pres with phantom power, inserts, switchable line and instrument ins, line outs and a headphone jack. It only records 2 tracks at a time, but that should be ok if you are just doing solo stuff. This was the first interface I bought and I got some pretty good stuff with it - the sound should be more than adequate for home demos. It connects to your pc via USB, is self powered, and quite portable (I don't know if portability is important to you). They cost about $200 new.

Shameless plug: I am actually selling my US-122 if you are interested. (I upgraded to a pro tools compatible interface) It is in like new condition in original packaging. PM me if interested.

Good Luck!
-MIke
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

check with www.homerecording.com/bbs
or with the Low End section here.
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

"little home recording thingy"- I love it! Rarely do we get to see such an absence of pretense!

The tascam is a great idea, easy, quick and all in one for CHEAP! Great place to start!
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

I think the Firebox for $299 will suit you well. Firewire, two preamps, digital I/O option, don't remember if it has a high pass filter.
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Addict

wow,

didnt really think that thrrough did i? didnt realise what an idiot that made me sound haha... ah well,

cheers for the links and tips

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search