The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Byrne/Eno 24 track masters available for download/remix: bush-of-ghosts.com
Old 14th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Byrne/Eno 24 track masters available for download/remix: bush-of-ghosts.com

For any David Byrne/Brian Eno enthusiasts out there, 2 tracks from their classic My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts album are available as a 24 track download here:

http://bush-of-ghosts.com/remix/bush_of_ghosts.htm

It's part of the publicity campaign for the 25th anniversary of the albums release (was it really that long ago?!). With the creative commons license, you can legally download the tracks, remix, and host/upload your work. Hopefully there will be enough interest and they'll put out some of the other tracks as well.

AMAZING!

Jon

p.s. Hearing tape hiss is so refreshing!
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Very damn cool.

This record was big for me as a teenager .. It inspired me trade my acoustic for a drumset and got me interested in recording (bouncing with 2 cassette decks and a little radio shack mixer), and in using found-sounds, etc. It also probably kicked off my ongoing interest in experimental music, and as such, it's helped ensure a life of near-poverty and deep thought for me and my family heh

Can't believe it's 25 years ago.

thumbsup

-dave
Old 14th May 2006
BVB
Gear Maniac

Hi,

Can't register on that site.
Clicking on "Accept terms and conditions" doesn't work for me.

Greets

Paul
Old 14th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB
Hi,

Greets

Paul
click terms and conditions, scroll down and you'll find an exceptence button to click that then fills in the X on the main register page - it had me confused for a second or two, hope that helps.

Trebor
Old 14th May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB
Hi,

Greets

Paul
you have to open the terms and conditions, (read?), scroll to the bottom and click 'accept' and the flash box will be highlighted.
Old 14th May 2006

oops sorry there - I shouldn't of written my explanation in chinese. Not.

Is there some kinda clique on this forum that I'm missing?

Trebor
Old 14th May 2006
BVB
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the info.
It worked.

paul
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Remarkable - one of my all-time favourite albums available as a 24-track master! Not that I can hope to improve on it mind you, but it's fun to hear the tracks in isolation in all their fat analog glory! And some of the featured remixes are pretty interesting too.

What's next? "Dark Side Of The Moon"... "Aja"...
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

wow, a dream come true! thanks for the link
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

I am at the house with my DIALUP connection, so I can't download these now.
I have to wait to get to my office which has DSL.

What format are these in?

Danny Brown
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbubba
What format are these in?
48k/24-bit mono WAV files.
Old 14th May 2006
Gear Addict

Hero post!

heh
Old 14th May 2006
Gear Addict

I reckon that today may be one of the best days of my life.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

this is so ****ing cool!
i'm downloading the files now. i'll examine the license agreement carefully though before i put too much work into something...

regardless, how cool! thumbsup
Old 15th May 2006
That's REALLY COOL...

... or it would be if I could REGISTER... that is the WORST Flash interface (and THAT's saying something) I've possibly ever used.

It is impossible (at least in Firefox for me at this time) to click the "I Accept" button. And the 'designer' got his form totally bollixed up with regard to tabbing... if you're in, say, the second password field and you hit your tab key thinking you'll tab down to the "I accept" checkbox -- the cursor jumps back up the the Email field -- wiping out what you just typed.

AGH!!!!!

[UPDATE: Hint -- the Terms & Conditions is a pop up that Firefox and perhaps others WILL block depending on your settings.]
Old 15th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by egan
you have to open the terms and conditions, (read?), scroll to the bottom and click 'accept' and the flash box will be highlighted.
Tried that. Just doesn't work. I can't open Terms & Condtions... it just flickers.

I HATE Flash.

(And, yeah, I actually own Flash Pro because I occasionally have to work on Flash files. I actually LIKE creating Flash stuff. That part is fun. It's just using the stuff that OTHER PEOPLE design that drives me insane. I wish I could get away with leaving it turned off. They should LICENSE Flash designers and make sure they know how to design a basic website first and then make them pass a mandatory UI usability test... Most Flash designers would seem to be people who've never really used computers before. Apparently.)
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Maniac

I had a problem with Firefox blocking the "Terms and Conditions" popup window. This might be what's troubling some.
Old 15th May 2006
Uh... yeah.

I just figured that out on my own.

Sorry. My bad. I thought the Terms & Conditions link would just open up another Flash form like the registration instead of a browser window pop up. Once I told Firefox not to block pops for that site, everything was jake.

A good rant wasted...

BUT now I'm on my way to having the tracks! heh

THANKS!
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Awesome! Thanks for the link.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hmm. I can open the terms and conditions window, but when I clik on the acceptance button it doesn't check the little box on the register page.

-R
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Addict

I had a bunch of problems getting the damn thing to work as well! Flash interfaces suck.

Finally got registered and then both times when I tried downloading the complete zips it times out, even though I've got a hi-speed connection.

Bummer. It would be fun to play around with these...
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1
I HATE Flash.

Seconded. One more & we can pass a motion.
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Maniac

using IE, was fine...

try clicking LOGIN, then register. simply agreeing to the Terms and Cond. won't let you download it, you have to register your email.

i hope i'm not stating the obvious...i hate when i do that.
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Addict

I brought the tracks up and my client, who was patiently waiting for me to get on with their record said "Are you actually crying?"

Stunning.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

so cool to remix this stuff
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

is anyone going to post mixes? might be interesting
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Downloading the MP3's is OK, but I tried to download the WAV's and that didn't work out! I think it is because some audiocodec or something for the Windows Media Player is missing, anyone can help me on this or experienced the same thing?

Regards,

Roger
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

This is fantastic! Thanks for the link... I can't wait for some free time to open up so I can start playing around with the tracks. I can just hear my upright bass line on A Secret Life.

cheers.
Old 16th May 2006
Here for the gear

This is very cool, I used to be a big fan, still am, I guess , although I am not a recording guy, I am going to try to dowload these to play along. (bass)

Another album I really really enjoy, sound wise, is his solo 94. project David Byrne/David Byrne, I was in Russia at the time he came on tour and did a gig in one of the theaters in Moscow. Live it was great too, but the recording is somethine else.
I know that one was mastered by Bob Ludwig mixed by Michael Brauer, Bruck Dawitt, and some by Susan Rogers, you guys probably know these people better then I do.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Starr
Downloading the MP3's is OK, but I tried to download the WAV's and that didn't work out! I think it is because some audiocodec or something for the Windows Media Player is missing, anyone can help me on this or experienced the same thing?

Regards,

Roger
i downloaded both of the .zip file of the .wavs just fine. no software needed.
maybe try a different web browser?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search