The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
otari tape deck
Old 13th May 2006
Here for the gear

otari tape deck

Hi all
This is my first post here. I own a modest but respectable studio and have been been reading these forums for quite awhile and gathered alot of helpful info so first of all thanks! An aquaintance of mine who works for local radio stations as a consultant has offered me an otari 1/4" 2 track deck for free if I want it(he has 3). Im all digital and was wondering if thiis is something I could use. Im not familiar with this deck but I come from the tape days (being an old fart)and know that some people will mix drums down to tape as well as mixes/busses etc. from ITB. Im just not sure if a 1/4" deck would have the quality or if it could be useful at all. Any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Mike Vlahakis
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

If its a 5050 I would pass, but if its a MTR 10,15 or 20 I'd definitely try it out.
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

i had a 5050 for a few years- mostly had fun running drums thru it and using it as a tape delay ( vari-speed was great.) but in the end it was taking up too much space and wasn't good enough to mix to, so out it went.
david

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search