The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plz help.....tracks with bad AD conversion
Old 13th May 2006
Gear Head

Plz help.....tracks with bad AD conversion

Hi,
a week ago I get some tracks to mix, the band wasn't satisfied witch teir mix from studio and they want me to make a new mix and rerecord guitars. The problem is that we rerecorded guitars in one song with my mytek convertor and shadow hills/p-1 preamp but the rest of the mix was recorded in analog and than converted witch some poor AD convertors. And now, the guitar sounds good, under orginal kick and snare ara added good samplesit also sounds much much better.....but the rest of the mix aginst my guitars sounds terrible........on overheads there is no problem in spectrum, all freqz are fine but the conversion made it sound so poor.The same problem is with vocals and bass. Is it possible to make it sound better(enhancers,.........)? I think it's not, but I'll be glad for any kind of help, just for my feeling that I did my best.

Thanx

Lukas
Old 13th May 2006
Gear Maniac

your shot.. unless you can get a copy of the analog stuff.. and send it through some decent converters

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search