The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!
Old 27th February 2017
Gear Head

New website is up! https://www.atomicinstrument.com/
Old 27th February 2017
Gear Addict

Awesome thread
Old 2nd March 2017
Here for the gear

I'm based in Cincinnati and have a SSL 4000 E/G. In dying need of some repairs Please Help!!
Old 4th March 2017
Gear Head

I have the SSL G 4056 (now down to 48 channels), that was in Olympic Studio 1 (man that was long to figure out, thank goodness they keep receipts from 1987!) from 1987 - 1994, before they replaced it with a 9000.

After some digging, we discovered this might be Prince on it -- he used Studio 1 twice, in 1989 and 1992.

Studio build won't be done till the end of the year, so it's being given a good seeing to by Mark Derksen in the Netherlands (he is THE man).
Pic of it on the chopping board at his.

Peace!

Freemonk
Attached Thumbnails
ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-img_1153.jpg   ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-img_1363.jpg  
Old 1st April 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemonk View Post
I have the SSL G 4056 (now down to 48 channels), that was in Olympic Studio 1 (man that was long to figure out, thank goodness they keep receipts from 1987!) from 1987 - 1994, before they replaced it with a 9000.

After some digging, we discovered this might be Prince on it -- he used Studio 1 twice, in 1989 and 1992.

Studio build won't be done till the end of the year, so it's being given a good seeing to by Mark Derksen in the Netherlands (he is THE man).
Pic of it on the chopping board at his.

Peace!

Freemonk

Fantastic heritage on your console!!!
Matt Sartori
Old 1st April 2017
Lives for gear

How's it sound after a mark 1 refurb?
Old 1st April 2017
Lives for gear

Nice provenance Olympic had good techs and cared so unless its been butchered since it should be pretty fit.
Old 11th April 2017
Here for the gear

2noisy estudio SSL 4000E 24 channel

Hi,

Introducing to 2noisy studio located in north of Spain, Basque Country.

[email protected]

2NOISY
Attached Thumbnails
ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-img_0984.jpg  
Old 11th April 2017
Engagement Manager

Mark Derksen is indeed a great guy for SSL owners to know
He removed the producer panel from a G4048 for me
Such a nice and knowledgable man
Old 16th April 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyanliz View Post
Hi,

Introducing to 2noisy studio located in north of Spain, Basque Country.

[email protected]

2NOISY
Nice console man!

Matt.

www.sslmixed.com
Old 16th December 2017
Gear Head

Terry Simon rush studios. SSL 6048e
Old 12th February 2018
Here for the gear
4000E 16 channel sidecar from 4048 that was parted out. Original console serial number 4237 from Studios 301 Sydney. 8 x Brown EQ strips from that console and mixed bag of brown & black EQ strips from other consoles. Adding custom master section soon. Valley Sound Studios, Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
Old 12th February 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave ValleySound View Post
4000E 16 channel sidecar from 4048 that was parted out. Original console serial number 4237 from Studios 301 Sydney. 8 x Brown EQ strips from that console and mixed bag of brown & black EQ strips from other consoles. Adding custom master section soon. Valley Sound Studios, Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
Dave can you PM me
Old 5th July 2018
Here for the gear

Hello guys, new to posting & love the thread. I'm about to purchase an SSL 6056 E/G. If I run into any problems are parts somewhat available? In NYC & any info or advice would be very welcomed. Thanks so much..
Old 7th July 2018
3 SSL's in our house....

1) 8000G+ from Record Plant Hollywood 1992-2008 (SSL 1). Ours has been fully recapped, reswitched, Tangerine and Atomic.

2) 4000E 1986 Black EQ (heavily modded) Best way to learn an SSL is to rebuild one!

3) Matrix
Attached Thumbnails
ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-studioa-3-opacity-.jpg   ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-studio-m-1-2-.jpg   ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-studo-b-vintage.jpg  

Last edited by mike-661; 7th July 2018 at 09:13 PM..
Old 8th June 2019
Here for the gear

Hi all, this is my first post on GS. However, I've been following the forums for 15 years. Just didn't have anything to add of value to the discussion so never made an account.

This thread is old but I was wondering if anyone could recommend an SSL 4k E/G+ technician in the Orange County, CA. area? I'm looking to tag along with him/her to take high-resolution pictures and measurements of the console/parts/cards/interior. Alternatively, if someone flat out owns a 4000 in the OC or LA area, I can come by and take pictures of what I need, BUT also take professional pictures of your studio (+editing) as a trade/thank you

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Hi gearslutzz friends..

Last month we received our SSL 4040 G+ from Sweden. The desk is almost new, never used before, because was the third console in the line. It was switched on only for some hours per month since 1996, to keep the caps in normal life. Next January i will proceed to upgrade to THD Tangerine system and ultimation faders.. this desk sounds !! Amazing ..
Attached Thumbnails
ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-received_2165514340221104.jpg   ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-resizer_15714142504812.jpg   ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-resizer_15714142504813.jpg   ALL SSL Console Owners, Users & Techs: ROLL CALL!-user_scoped_temp_data_msgr_photo_for_upload_1568663046415.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeytred View Post
Hello guys, new to posting & love the thread. I'm about to purchase an SSL 6056 E/G. If I run into any problems are parts somewhat available? In NYC & any info or advice would be very welcomed. Thanks so much..
Hello, did you buy the 6048? I owned a 6048 for many years. Parts are available and most of them inexpensive. More important you need a tech "friend" to serve you SSL, it needs TLC now and then ...))

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search