The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Joemeek mc2 stereo compressor
Old 12th May 2006
News Desk Editor

Joemeek mc2 stereo compressor

Los Angeles, CA May 10, 2006 Joemeek announced this week they have begun shipping a new addition to their product line, the MC2 Stereo Compressor.

Housed in a robust ½ rack chassis, the MC2 offers feature rich topology and impressive specifications at a surprisingly modest price point. Features include Electronically Balanced Inputs and Outputs (will also accept unbalanced signals), and Side-chain Input, allowing for additional processing and frequency selective compression (when used with an equalizer). Front panel controls are available for Input Gain (with Peak LED), Compress (threshold), Slope (ratio), Attack, Release and Make Up Gain. Accurate monitoring of gain reduction and levels are achieved with 8 and 9 position LED’s, respectively.

Unique to the MC2 are additional features not found on any other product in this category. Gain Reduction Hold allows the suppression of unwanted noise and/or hiss in quiet passages by freezing gain reduction levels when the input signal drops below the compression threshold. A dual color LED indicates when Gain Reduction Hold is taking place. Stereo Width variably modifies the stereo image from mono, to normal stereo, to extra wide stereo by utilizing a mid/side technique. This method eliminates the loss of center and/or loss of bass common in other methods while retaining mono compatibility.

The MC2 is expected to sell for approximately $199 (estimated street price) in the US, £135 in the UK, and €170 in Europe.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Wrong photo.
Old 15th May 2006
News Desk Editor

Thanks!
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

here's the thang:

http://www.joemeek.com/upcoming.html
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

i wonder if it sukks
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

I´m wondering if it´s good ????? I heard it´s the same as the Joe Meek SC2 compressor. For this price, I´m wondering how it will stand up against products like the FMR RNC or ART Pro VLA.... Who will win the best compressor under $ 1000 award ?????
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukejs
I´m wondering if it´s good ????? I heard it´s the same as the Joe Meek SC2 compressor.

you heard from Whom?
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

i asked someone at the company and they said it's essentially the same compressor as the twinQ with a few extra features thrown in. i don't need the extra eq or preamps, so this looks pretty good to me. inexpensive too...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search