The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Neve or SSL w/loads of outbard NJ, NYC, Nashy?
Old 25th February 2012
Neve or SSL w/loads of outbard NJ, NYC, Nashy?

Hey,

My search skills may be getting weaker but by my research most of the info here and on the interwebs is quite old. We're talking pre 2005 most of the time.

I'm looking for a mix room preferably with a Neve or SLL k with a generous compliment of outboard (specifically comps).

Locations: NYC or surrounding areas (including all of NJ and parts of PA). Or Nashville.

If you know the average day rate w/an assist that'd be great too.

Lets see how long it takes for this thread to get highjacked and turned into a heated debate on how much outboard is really needed or which console is a better mix console lol. Im just going to say up front the client WANTS a lot of outboard, and console wise, I like the sound of both equally. So I'm asking for the sake of everyone searching for it, can we stick to the requested knowledge? Thanks.
Old 25th February 2012
If you have a bit of an open mind, I'd seriously talk to Slipperman at Big Blue Meanie in NJ, he has an Amek 9098, which is every bit as good or better than any SSL. If you have to have an SSL, Spin in LIC has a 4000, Avatar has a few SSL's, that's what I have off the top of my head.
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

Brooklyn bridge recording has the sickest neve and more outboard than anyone could need.
Old 25th February 2012
Gear Addict

+1 for Spin in Queens, NYC. SSL 4k, plenty of outboard, nice room/monitoring, comfortable vibe, and from what I can tell excellent bang-for-buck in New York, though I don't know typical day rates for studios in New Jersey.
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

If you want to come to Boston, check out Home SSL w lots of out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search