The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Need help from LFAC owners who are using ACOPIAN "Gold Box" power supplies
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear
Need help from LFAC owners who are using ACOPIAN "Gold Box" power supplies

I finally made the move of replacing my stock Trident Series 80 power supply with Acopian Gold Boxes. These will only be used for the audio rails; I have a seperate stock Trident supply for the 5 volts that works just fine (and connects to the console via a seperate cable). Also, I do not use phantom power on the desk -- so that is not an issue either.

So I've got two 18v, 10a racked units on the way (model 18PT10) and will have them next week. Acopian told me these are the Gold Boxes installed in a frame.

What I'd like to know are 2 things:

1) how did you wire the 2 units at the back of the Acopians (and to the console) for the + and - audio rails ?

2) did you do the "inrush current" mod ? And if so, how ?

I'm going to send these to a tech who is going to take care of this stuff for me, but I just wanted to verify everything 110% before proceeding -- and DEFINETLY before hooking these things up to my console and blowing something up!

So if you've already been thru this, PLEASE share some insights with me !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search