The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mytek Hi-End DB25 Snakes are now shipping.
Old 12th May 2006
Gear Addict

Mytek Hi-End DB25 Snakes are now shipping.

Hello everybody,

I wrote earlier what's below, I have added a picture now. Snakes are now shipping, Regards M

Quote:
:
Originally Posted by mytek

I agree the D-sub is some compromise when compared to XLRs. You have one cable only and it's not ubiquitous one.

This is a tradeoff between the size (and cost ) of the unit and since 90% of cutomers use converter in a fixed installation where snake is not a problem we made decision to use subs as did Apogee, Protools etc.

I have looked at alll comercially available snakes D25 to XLR and they range in pirce ($50 for Hosa to $200 for a better one). However none of them is the top quality I would want, so eventually we decide to make our own.

We made initial run and they came out good. They are mechanically sturdy ( I can hang my weight on 1 XLR) and use quality cable and connectors. They use goldplated connectors, ultra low capacitance cable selected both with electrical and listening tests and everything is made as good as we possibly can. They are purple with solid metal shell Dsub and new XX series Netrik XLRs with reinforced jackets on individula wires.

I will post the pictures of them on the website shortly. List price for a 6 ft Dsub to XLR is $195 and $549 for a bundle of all 3.

Our cable is not kludgy- I can imagine a box like described above, but can't see really the advantage there- the only hi density element is the actual d25 which is the same on a box and snake.

Regards M

www.mytekdigital.com
Attached Thumbnails
Mytek Hi-End DB25 Snakes are now shipping.-mytek_aes-ebu_db25-xlr_snake.jpg  

Last edited by mytek; 12th May 2006 at 04:27 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search