The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Adding More 1/4" Line Inputs To 002 Rack Help
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Head

Adding More 1/4" Line Inputs To 002 Rack Help

Hello GS:

Sorry if I piss anybody off I know this question has probably been answered a million times, but I can't find a specific answer online pertaining to me.

I want to know the best cost effective way to add more "line" inputs to my 002 rack.

Right now I have two old school EMU (MoPhatt & Proteus) Racks that I love and the outputs on them are left and right obviously. So I have them in 002 inputs 5-8. I also have a Triton Classic that I still use some sounds so right now I have to but that through 3-4 of the rack which I really don't like.

The reason I want more inputs is just in case I get a pre amp and want to bypass the 002 pre's or anything else that involves going me hearing & tracking it in protools with out going through the 002 pre's.

My common sense is telling my a line mixer would work or a mixer with ADAT or SPDIF connections. Any suggestions? I would like for it to be in rack form if possible. I don't have the luxury nor do I record bands so it doesnt have to mic inputs or be a mic preamp. I just need more Left/Right 1/4" inputs for stereo connections.

These are examples of what I think will work but I just need the validation that it will and how would the connections go lol. Thanks!

Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1602 | Sweetwater.com

Samson SM10 | Sweetwater.com

Alesis MultiMix 8 Line | Sweetwater.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search