The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ads On This Site That Insult US
Old 24th February 2012
  #1
Ads On This Site That Insult US

Interesting that a banner ad on Gearslutz seems to insult all of us. It begins with heads of The Three Stooges rolling in from the side with the caption: "Don't Get Advice From Stooges." What else could this be but an insult to all of us who get and give advice on this site.
Old 24th February 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
Coitanly!

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!!!
Old 24th February 2012
  #3
Gear Addict
 

Who looks at the ads?
Old 24th February 2012
  #4
007
Lives for gear
 
007's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
Interesting that a banner ad on Gearslutz seems to insult all of us. It begins with heads of The Three Stooges rolling in from the side with the caption: "Don't Get Advice From Stooges." What else could this be but an insult to all of us who get and give advice on this site.
There's tons of great advice and commentary here, all of which we learn a great deal from.
On the flip side, there has been just as much bad advice given as well.

That banner really seems to have shaken you.
Chamomille tea, or hit the refresh button, or simply don't look at it.
It's just an ad.
Old 24th February 2012
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Kaoz's Avatar
I read the thread topic as "Ads that insult the US", and thought to myself - who doesn't?

On closer inspection however, I realized I am a stooge.
Old 24th February 2012
  #6
Harmless Wacko
 

Any ad that uses the phrase "Game Changer".

It's like an AUTOMATIC marketing boomerang.

SM.
Old 24th February 2012
  #7
Lives for gear
 
ssaudio's Avatar
 

A d b l o c k Plus would be the obvious solution - I tried to link to it, but Gearslutz seems to have censored it, I wonder why.

Anyway, it works beautifully, no matter how often site users try to circumvent it....
Old 24th February 2012
  #8
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaudio View Post
A d b l o c k Plus would be the obvious solution - I tried to link to it, but Gearslutz seems to have censored it, I wonder why.

Anyway, it works beautifully, no matter how often site users try to circumvent it....
Wow, you weren't joking. Thanks for the heads up!

Regards,
Frank
Old 24th February 2012
  #9
Lives for gear
 
ssaudio's Avatar
 

Yer welcome
Old 24th February 2012
  #10
Jai guru deva om
 
warhead's Avatar
 

Can I get advice from Iggy Pop?

War
Old 24th February 2012
  #11
Lives for gear
 
omtayslick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
Interesting that a banner ad on Gearslutz seems to insult all of us. It begins with heads of The Three Stooges rolling in from the side with the caption: "Don't Get Advice From Stooges." What else could this be but an insult to all of us who get and give advice on this site.
I took that as a reference to other gear dealers. Besides, I like the stooges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncamorea View Post
Coitanly

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!!!
Besides, I like the stooges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I read the thread topic as "Ads that insult the US", and thought to myself - who doesn't?

On closer inspection however, I realized I am a stooge.
Besides, I like the stooges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
Any ad that uses the phrase "Game Changer".

It's like an AUTOMATIC marketing boomerang.

SM.
I don't want my game changed, I'm still learning this one!
Old 25th February 2012
  #12
Lives for gear
 
s_sibs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I read the thread topic as "Ads that insult the US", and thought to myself - who doesn't?

On closer inspection however, I realized I am a stooge.
Yup. I read it the same way!

I thought - why would the ads just insult the U.S.?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump