The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bieber mic+pre+comp on Mistletoe
Old 23rd February 2012
Gear Addict

Bieber mic+pre+comp on Mistletoe

Tracking a teenage guy next week, closest vocal type is Bieber. Voice just broke. If I can get to the vocal sound on that track 'Mistletoe' I'll be in the ballpark.

From the sound it's an old Made In West Germany era U87 into a 1073. I'm guessing. But it sounds like that.

If anyone knows whether the vocal was tracked with a comp I'd be kind of interested. I'm stabbing in the dark, it sounds kind of like, if any tracking comp was used, maybe an LA2A set to take off just a couple dB on peaks.

These are my best guesses.... Does anyone know better?
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Addict

Is anyone familiar with this? I would appreciate it.
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Nut

Compressor in the vocal chain for newest Bieber record was mostly the CL1B with a 1073. Not sure on EQ or what model of 1073
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Nut

Blue Mic - 1073 - CL1B
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Addict

By Blue I assume you mean the Blue Bottle, the large one that's four inches thick and a foot long, right? Any idea which capsule was used? Blue makes six or seven.
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by recorder2 View Post
By Blue I assume you mean the Blue Bottle, the large one that's four inches thick and a foot long, right? Any idea which capsule was used? Blue makes six or seven.
Yes the Bottle one. Not sure about the capsule used but I guess it would be the largest one There's a dvd with the studio footage and you can see it clearly there.

He's been heavily edited after that that I know for sure.

D

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search