The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HELP!? Sonor to PTools/ tempo map Question:
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

HELP!? Sonor to PTools/ tempo map Question:

I'll say up front that I haven't RTFM yet. ( PT)

I've got a client that would like to start her record in Sonor, using the Tempo maps/clik and a few midi instruments that she'll print there as mock ups for the band.

I need to then open the project in PTools, and have the ability to adjust the Tempo Map in PT to accommodate the live rhythm section that will then be tracking the basics ( alongside the mock up)

So, does Tempo map info ride in the midi info? Am I just going to import a midi file?

I will have NO time to really futz with this pre- session, and will have a room full of high priced session guns trying to get ten tracks in one long day, so I'd really like to have my **** together on this.

At the end of the session , I'll need to consolidate and export the entire mess back to the client for additional MIDI crap that she'll put in - and she'll need the ability to quantize while in her sequencer.

I don't own the OMF tool for PTools btw.

Thanks for any help!

cz
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

BLAST IT!!! i was thinking OMF the whole time....

geez man, sorry i can't help anymore.

Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Sounds like the perfect reason to buy the OMF tool.

or

Explain to the client that her recording method is very unconventional and in order to accomodate you will have to charge her an additional fee to provide the service she needs. In other words, charge her the price of the OMF tool. Sometimes engineers have to be businessmen. Sounds like a "headache" client. I'd rather lose the gig personally.
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLetMeDrown
Sounds like the perfect reason to buy the OMF tool.

or

Explain to the client that her recording method is very unconventional and in order to accomodate you will have to charge her an additional fee to provide the service she needs. In other words, charge her the price of the OMF tool. Sometimes engineers have to be businessmen. Sounds like a "headache" client. I'd rather lose the gig personally.

Heh... actually she passed on us! so I'm off the hook.
I will check into the specifics for the next time this pops up...

thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search