The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
JBL 4311
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

JBL 4311

Anyone know anyone who specializes in restoring 4311's etc?
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Guru
Oh man, I remember those. A friend once described them as the ultimate party speaker. Nice bottom, the highs really cut through and the midrange will never interfere with conversation.
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

I've got a pair of original 4311-A's. They sound good, but I want to turn them out and replace the tweet, mid cone, and woofer with all new parts (original replacement parts that is). It'd be icing on the cake to get the cabinet reconditioned too, but thats at the bottom of my list. I am actively pursuiting NOS parts and replacements from people parting out they're monitors, but I figured i'd ask around and see if theres someone out there known for restoring these. Regarding how they sound, I think in combonation with the my NS's, they sound perfect. They swallow low end, the highs are smooth, and the mid range is indeed very "organic". The NS's on the other hand are mid range intensive and very box. But they're excellent for what they do.
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

I love those speakers..good memorys!
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for Jesus

I had a pair of the 4411s soffitt mounted along with the 4430s ,

The 4411s sounded like a "home stereo " speaker to me lots of highs and low end...... i liked to use them to check the mix with, I had them powered with a Blaze linear heh .... defiantly not flat response, but a cool sound.

Hi Al,

steve

Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

The JBL love flows here.
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/index.php?
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

4311 ...

The only monitors I'll use, 'till I'm dead.
Old 11th May 2006

Doesn't JBL have a list of factory authorized re-coning centers on their site?

-tINY

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search