The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Are you happy with your PMC DB1S-AIIs?
Old 21st February 2012
Gear Maniac

Are you happy with your PMC DB1S-AIIs?

Hello again guys

Just want to let you know that I did a search here, but I couldn't find a thread specifically about these little things.

I also posted a thread not long ago about the TB2S-AIIs and in conclusion, I think they are just too big for my room and they excite my room way too much. I currently have the Adam A5 and it still has the same problem as the TB2, but it was half as bad and I could manage, though the TB2 sounded way better than the Adams (more realistic repusention of instruments). I was getting a 15dB increase in the 130Hz to 155Hz regions witht he TB2. VERY BAD. I also don't want to spend a fortune on acoustic treatment and go to all the trouble to try and build panels on my own because I can't.

Also, my room is small, I found that I had to sit too close the TB2, or I'd have to move my chair to the middle of the room, which is not good.

As I was searching in those little PMC DB1 branch threads, some people mentioned they sound compressed when turning the volume up and sound unnatural. I was going to purchase them, considering I love the TB2, except for how they excite my room problems. I think it's because of their dispertion, compared to the Adams.

Anyone want to tell me their experiences with the DB1S-AIIs?

PS - These are the speakers I have listened to and havent liked - KRK/Tannoy/old Genelecs/Adam A series/Yamaha HS 50/80/JBL/Mackie MR8/Behringer

I have the DB1is here at work. I like them alot, but I'm not sure how they would compare to the S version.
Old 21st February 2012
Gear Maniac

Anyone.

I'm thinking of purchasing them tonight. Too bad I cannot listen to them here in AUS, but I'm sure they sound like the TB2, but just smaller, right?
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destaana View Post
Anyone.

I'm thinking of purchasing them tonight. Too bad I cannot listen to them here in AUS, but I'm sure they sound like the TB2, but just smaller, right?
Did you purchase them as I am in the same position and if you did what was the outcome?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search