The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lynx Aurora question
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

Lynx Aurora question

hiya,

im interested in the lynx aurora 16 and im just pricing up... i dont want to sound (too much) like a simpleton but do i have to buy any thing other than the Aurora 16 unit and the correct dsub cables ? ie does it come with a pci card to connect to or do i need to buy another lynx product?

im reading up on it but its late and my brain isnt up to it

cheers
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

the aurora will convert to analog or digital. it is not an interface to the computer. you will need an internal or external soundcard with the proper digital inputs and outputs to pass the aurora's audio to the computer. lynx does make some cards. so does rme. external boxes come from a million different companies.

i think they were making a firewire card for it so you can go straight to your computer, but i don't know if it's been released yet.
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

indeed. i don't know what kind of setup you have but i will take a guess and say that the RME AES32 would be a good choice to go with the Aurora.

it's a pci card, 16 in and 16 out and reasonably priced.

RME are a great company with a good reputation for solid, stable products (including their drivers, hooray!). their TotalMix software i/o routing is excellent. perhaps a little confusing/intimidating at first but ridiculously flexible and thus powerful.

Lynx make a similar card but their software routing is currently pants.

regards,

richie.
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

You could also get the Lynx AES 16 card, or the adat card, and use it with a stand alon interface, such as the fireface 800 or saffire 26 i/o
Old 11th May 2006
The rock solid and heavily tested setup would be the Lynx AES-16, Lynx D-Sub cabling, and the Lynx Aurora 16. You could additionally get another AES-16 (up to 4 in one system) so that you'd have 16 channels of analog i/o and another 16 channels of digital i/o (if you need that).
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

The Lynx AES16 is a perfect companion for the Aurora 16. The software is stable and easy to use. Plus, it was pretty darn easy to install. Lynx technical support is also top notch.
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Yep...me too... Lynx AES-16 card and the Aurora-16... a perfect match!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search