The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Calling all SlutZ!
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Calling all SlutZ!

Ok Slutz let's raise the bar on the paycheck! All Slutz especially in Los Angeles it's time to pull the rates up..I just pulled mine up and I'm getting no complaints...funny thing is I'm getting as much as some studios that have twice the gear as me...SO if we all pull up our rates at the same time clients will have no choiceheh Consider this a raise in the minimum wage! No studio's under 30.00 an hr. I don't care what gear you gotthumbsup It's time to stop shooting ourselves in the foot! I just raised mine from 35.00 to 40.00 and so far so good.

I have just begun to to think that what I have to offer is more than gear..screw basing your rates on gear
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

I was approached aggresively back in January by a popular LA band about producing some music for them. I visited their web site and everything looked cool. The music as great, etc.

We soon organized a meeting at the studio. They seemed like great guys with great attitudes.

They had this incredibly grandiose criteria as to what they wanted to achieve with the record. From vintage drums, amps, guitars, mics, etc.-they wanted it all.

After planning this project for a couple weeks it was concluded that they could only afford to pay me $10 per hour. Plus they requested exclusivity. Additionally, they suggested that I essentially dismantle the studio to create a mobile HD rig suitable for tracking drums at another location across dowtown. I quickly wished them well and sent them on their way.

The nerve...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search