The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Converting from DA-88 to Digi002r
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Head

Converting from DA-88 to Digi002r

I have a project in which I have to remix and take the vocals off of some old tracks of mine.

I would like to dump the tracks from my DA-88 through my Digi002r into ProTools so that I can mix it with automation. It would also serve as backing up my old music in another format(who knows how long those Hi8 tapes will last).

Obviously using the Digi002 converters is not ideal, so I am thinking about picking up a Presonus Digimax LT for this purpose & then I will also have it for more inputs when tracking in the future.

Does this sound like the best way to do this on a budget?

Or perhaps, is there a way to go Digital(TDIF)from the DA-88 to Digital(ADAT optical)on the Digi002?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10th May 2006
try picking up a TDIF to ADAT format converter (http://www.tascam.com/Products/IF-TAD.html), that way you don't have to go through a couple extra conversions. I bet you could probably find one pretty cheap used. The Digimax LT is an indespensible companion to the 002, but I'd still try to keep the transfer digital for this particular project.
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Head

Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I need.

I agree. I really should keep the transfer digital. I can can always pick up a Digimax down the road, since I wont be doing any drum tracking for a while.

Thanks again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search