The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analog in Australia?
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Analog in Australia?

Is it true what my friend told me, that the tape reels spool clockwise down there? he said it's because you're south of the equator.
David
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Nut

Everyones a comedian
Old 10th May 2006
Led
Lives for gear

Actually it's a real pain in the @ss because when I get stuff that's been tracked overseas I have to reverse my cables so the sound comes out the right way.
I have a koala I use as an assistant that normally does it while I have a coffee.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led
I have a koala I use as an assistant that normally does it while I have a coffee.
stuff!! where did you get him? Ive got Skippy still doin mine.... bloody tail is a pain though... he keeps getting it stuck in the airlock! Damn Roos heh
Old 11th May 2006
Led
Lives for gear

Man that's nothin....koalas only eat gumleaves and get so little nutrients from them they just lie around stoned all day. I swear Blinky Bill (my assistant) has to be kicked in the @ss just to get him to set up a mic. I can't even eat him because his flesh is poisonous. I'd sack him but he's on a work for the dole subsidy so he doesn't cost much, and he makes a great latte.

Last edited by Led; 11th May 2006 at 07:02 AM..
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

You guys! You've been into the hydro gumleaves haven't you??
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Is it true what my friend told me, that the tape reels spool clockwise down there? he said it's because you're south of the equator.
Yes - it is true and it's called the Coriolis effect.

This was documented clearly on one episode of the Simpsons when Bart visited Australia and the water in the toilet visibly flushed down in the opposite direction.

Ya learn something new every day.
Old 11th May 2006
Led
Lives for gear

Coriolis - aint that the circle of skin around a girl's nipple?
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Herbert
David
It just looks like they do when viewed from Vancouver BC.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search