The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
adam ax7 with adam sub7 Studio Monitors
Old 15th February 2012
Lives for gear

adam ax7 with adam sub7

I want to upgrade from my old event 20/20 bas(version1) active monitors to the adam a7x. I love the mids and highs of the a7x but there's not enough low end for the genres I mix(Hip hop, pop, r&b, Dance, etc). FYI I also have a pair of NS-10's so I'm looking for something to compliment them...i.e. something for a low end check.

My studio is in a decent sized spare bedroom, so it's not huge, but not too small. I don't like the mids and highs as much in the a8x and was thinking of getting the a7x and the sub 7. I like the fact that the sub7 cuts off at 31hz as I know the low end in small untreated rooms can be problematic.

Is there anyone using this combo in a similar situation, or does anyone have any opinions about the sub7, even with other monitors, in a room this size? Unfortunately I don't have one available to audition.
Old 15th February 2012
Lives for gear

I will have an opinion soon. I have A7's and I'm about to order a Sub7.

The reason is that I have a bit of crackle in one of the monitors when I solo a bass or low end instrument. I hope I can eliminate this when I add the sub.

Peter.
Old 14th March 2012
Gear Nut

Any update on this?

Have a pair of Adam A3x. I really love the sound i'm getting from them, but obviously they don't do sub. Actually getting a really sweet sound when I put my headphones on at the same time. But I have enough to buy the Sub 7 now. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on these two together.
Old 14th March 2012
Gear Nut

Also, probably a bit of a stupid question but, I live down the garden so I am fairly ok for sound not disturbing the neighbours. I did a check with my monitors on as loud as I would want them in my studio and walked to the house. Could just about hear the kick on a quiet night. But you wouldn't hear it from inside a house. Would there be a huge difference if I added a sub into the equation?
Old 14th March 2012
Lives for gear

The sub 7 has a good amount of low end. I had the volume set low in a 13x16 room. I am actually selling some A7's and the sub 7 if anyone is interested.

Peter

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search