The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AKG CK1 capsule assembly?
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

AKG CK1 capsule assembly?

Anyone know how these are supposed to go back together?

Went I unscrewed the 3 set screws that hold the capsule onto the body, the spring and capsule and two gold rings simply came out. I thought there was something that screwed in/out to hold the actual capsule together?

Anyway, since they just fell out I don't know if the two gold rings go in first or just one gold ring, then the capsule, then the other gold ring?

Anyone know?
Old 19th October 2015
Here for the gear
Bump, could use some help with the ck3 assembly design too. Specifically the size of the screws that hold the grille to the capsule.
Old 19th October 2015
Gear Addict

Maybe this might help?

AKG CK1 Capsule
Old 20th October 2015
Lives for gear

You're talking about the recent Electret model, not the modular series, right? Otherwise as I recall the spring pushes the actual capsule to the front of the housing and is clamped by the bottom ring where the screws go in. Spacers are supposed to be inserted between the diaphragm and the housing (front grille side). You could try without them or with just one and see how it affects the frequency and polar response. Make sure you handle everything with gloves or very dry, clean hands. Finger oil will cause all sorts of problems in capsule assemblies.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search