The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need help with Ilok authorisation
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Nut

Need help with Ilok authorisation

Im trying to install the Urs Demo plugins wich I downloaded from their website. When I launch protools it asks for a challenge/ response code. I do have an Ilok but where can I find the Response code?

Peace
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos
Im trying to install the Urs Demo plugins wich I downloaded from their website. When I launch protools it asks for a challenge/ response code. I do have an Ilok but where can I find the Response code?

Peace
Did you download the demo to your ilok from ilok.com?
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamansDream
Did you download the demo to your ilok from ilok.com?
thnx for the quick response,
im not a computer wizzard and ive just bought a mac g5,
with a protools le 7 system, but i dont have a clue how to install those pluggins
with my protools system i got 5 pluggins wich i still havent authorized,
and i have dwld a few demos, but i keep running into the same problems ,
i do have an ilok and an acount, if its not to much can you explain the whole process?
thnx
Old 7th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos
thnx for the quick response,
im not a computer wizzard and ive just bought a mac g5,
with a protools le 7 system, but i dont have a clue how to install those pluggins
with my protools system i got 5 pluggins wich i still havent authorized,
and i have dwld a few demos, but i keep running into the same problems ,
i do have an ilok and an acount, if its not to much can you explain the whole process?
thnx
As Shaman said, you need to log in to your iLok account and download the demo to your iLok. Did you synchronized your iLok to your account? After downloading your authorizations and demos to your iLok did you downloaded the plug ins installer and installed them?

Also, you need to always leave the iLok connected to your computer.

Hope it helps, I got pretty confused also when I bought my iLok because there's not much information about how exactly to use it.
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz
As Shaman said, you need to log in to your iLok account and download the demo to your iLok. Did you synchronized your iLok to your account? After downloading your authorizations and demos to your iLok did you downloaded the plug ins installer and installed them?

Also, you need to always leave the iLok connected to your computer.

Hope it helps, I got pretty confused also when I bought my iLok because there's not much information about how exactly to use it.

how do i download the demos and authorizations to my ilok?

cause i cant find it anywhere.....
Old 7th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos
how do i download the demos and authorizations to my ilok?

cause i cant find it anywhere.....
Set up steps:

1. Sign up for your free iLok.com account.
2. Download the iLok Client Software and install it.
3. Log in to your iLok.com account.
4. Synchronize your iLok with your account.
5. View the licenses on your newly registered iLok.
6. Add and edit the name of the iLok to differentiate it if you own multiple iLoks.

After steps 1 and 2 you need to have your iLok connected to your computer to synchrnize it and so you can download the demos and licenses. If I'm not making myself clear fell free to ask and I'll be glad to help in any way that I can.
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

Do yourself a huge favor and just ignore any software that requires iLock, Pace, Challenge Response, etc, etc.

How will they ever learn if we just roll over.
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiburger
Do yourself a huge favor and just ignore any software that requires iLock, Pace, Challenge Response, etc, etc.

How will they ever learn if we just roll over.
thats poor advise. So many of the good plugins are protected with iLok. You would be missing out on alot.

Once you understand how the iLok system works its very easy to authorize your plugins.
Its a great way to be mobile with your plugs too. your not locked to one computer like with C/R. IMO ilok is the most convenient copy protection out.

Copy protection is a fact of life, just like anything else it has its good points and its bad but is indeed necessary.
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

There are so many great plugins that are not iLocked, Paced, Challenged, etc. I support those guys. Admittely all the fun is in PC VST land.

Around 2000, I made the conscious decision to avoid hardware where possible, and use software. Possibly that was a mistake, although I have been through a huge learning curve.

When the software is free or cheap, it's worth having a look and a listen. But what I have seen is that software vendors have started charging excessively, and adding insult to injury with this "protection racket".

I am now realising that I can get far superior results with hardware, and the cost difference is not that great. And I get to keep and use the hardware for years. Software goes out of date very quickly (mainly because it's not very good, and better stuff is always coming out to replace it). Add to that major OS changes and Host changes, and software becomes a very risky short term rental proposition.

What is the point in getting familiar with short term rental vapourware? Often the bugs aren't even sorted out - and the constant headache of getting the latest version, upgrading drivers ...

So 6 years later, the dream of an all-software studio is A/ do-able, and B/ so crap.

Back to yummy hardware for me ...
Old 12th May 2006
Gear Nut

problem solved...

thanks for the help guys !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search