The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ramsa converters w/ 002 clock troubles
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Addict

Ramsa converters w/ 002 clock troubles

I've been using the Ramsa WZ AD96 for a few years with a Digi 002...using the adat clocking option in Pro Tools LE. I had been using the Alesis AI-3 for my D/A converters. Never a problem.
I just picked the Ramsa WZ DA96...but I haven't been able to figure out how to have the Ramsa's clock the 002... w/o clicking and jitter....

I made the AD96 the master and connected the AD and DA together with BRC cable via the Word Clock out/in. It should be working but I'm still getting a little snap, crackle and pop...unless i use the Pro Tools LE internal clock, which i dont want to use.

Hope this makes sense....
If anyone has any thoughts or experience....please help.

Thanks so much
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Pin change in the Ramsa

I don't know if you know this but in order to have the Ramsa send clock, you have to open it up and do a pin change so that it works as a master clock or from the internal crystal.

You can find detailed information about this on the DA7.com forum. Do a search there and you'll find it.

http://www.da7.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=1

I did the pin change and my Ramsa works perfectly well with my RME Fireface, with the Ramsa as Master clock.

Good Luck,
Peace
Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Morgan
I've been using the Ramsa WZ AD96 for a few years with a Digi 002...using the adat clocking option in Pro Tools LE. I had been using the Alesis AI-3 for my D/A converters. Never a problem.
I just picked the Ramsa WZ DA96...but I haven't been able to figure out how to have the Ramsa's clock the 002... w/o clicking and jitter....

I made the AD96 the master and connected the AD and DA together with BRC cable via the Word Clock out/in. It should be working but I'm still getting a little snap, crackle and pop...unless i use the Pro Tools LE internal clock, which i dont want to use.

Hope this makes sense....
If anyone has any thoughts or experience....please help.

Thanks so much
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Addict

Thanks for the reply Marco.
I have switched the jumpers on the master WZ AD96...and it worked great before i added the WZ DA, but when i run both the WZ AD and the WZ DA, I still can't clock the 002 without clicking/jitter....
I'll check the out DA7 forum...
Thanks again
Teddy
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

DA7 board

Maybe the WZ-DA96 has to be set to slave in order to clock from the WZAD96.

Anyway there are some users on the DA7 board who have/had both units and know how to get them working.

I only the have the WZAD96 and soon will be trying the WZAD96M.

Good Luck,

Peace
Marco
Old 6th July 2007
Here for the gear

fs : panasonic wz-da96

i've just stumbled across this thread. i have a panasonic wz-da96 for sale if anyone is interested. midizoo.com/forsale for details...

}:-)
moose @ midizoo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search