The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which MIDI controller should I buy?
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Which MIDI controller should I buy?

I am not a piano player, I just want a midi controller for simple tasks such : drums, bass maybe some ambient synth. I think I want an M-audio MIDI controller such as Radium 49, oxygen 8 or M-Audio 02

What do you think?
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

All very good choices. The new drivers are stable as a rock. I guess your decision will be how many keys you want.
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

I have a Novation Remote 61 that I love. heh
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

In my virtual synths thread, I was looking for opinions on a controller that has polyphonic aftertouch for use with the CS-80 plugin. Thanks.
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Another vote for the Novation Remote 61...great feel and great customer support.
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Addict

The new novations are amazing!

The 'Novation Remote SL' series.

The SL stands for 'Soft Label'. Basically there are screens running accross the top that tell you what each knob, fader and button are controlling, and at what level they're set to.

What's better, is that whichever window (be it a softsynth, sequencer or whatever) is active, that's what the novation is controlling, with all the values on the screen updated instantly. This allows a much faster workflow in the studio, plus is awesome for live!

It's hard to explain, but check out their site and some reviews. Highly recommended!

I know Novation moved production for these to a new factory, and the build-quality is greatly improved over the old Remote's and X-Station's.

They come in all the usual sizes, and though a little more pricey are worth every cent in my opinion. Especially if you're mainly ITB.
Old 9th July 2006
Lives for gear

another vote for the Remote SL 61

Placed my order for the SL ... I have tried quite a few controllers and here are the 2 biggest problems I found. 1 build quality on most cheaper units is terrible, and 2 the chinsy editing with small or no LCD. I suggest to go with a quality unit and I have heard great things about Novation.
( I quess I am about to find out)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search