The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
rode tubes ?
Old 7th May 2006

rode tubes ?

I have read quite a bit here about changing out the stock tube in rode ntk's to something like a mullard instead of the stock CHINESE one.

My one has a Sovtek in it, which I believe is russian. So have they used different tubes over time? I assume the sovteks aren't chinese..

just trying to work it all out
narco
Old 7th May 2006
member no 666

Sovtek is not Chinese... it is Russian. Last I heard the Russians hate the Chinese and vice versa.
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco
I have read quite a bit here about changing out the stock tube in rode ntk's to something like a mullard instead of the stock CHINESE one.

My one has a Sovtek in it, which I believe is russian. So have they used different tubes over time? I assume the sovteks aren't chinese..

just trying to work it all out
narco

...the subject of upgrading the stock Sovtek tube was covered in depth in these two threads on HR.com:
http://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=181307
http://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=182933
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

i took the sovtek tube outta my K2 and put a bugleboy in it.. much smoother high ends, mids are softer, overall the mic is quieter too...
Old 8th May 2006

ok, so when people say chinese (all over the net) they actually sould say russian. I never use mine, its a left over from years ago, I was just trying to get all the info for selling it.

thanks
narco

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search