The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
can recording the headphone output of synth sound really good?
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Nut

can recording the headphone output of synth sound really good?

It it Unusual for the headphone output of a synth, to sound just as good as the regular Left/Right outputs?

I was recording some tracks and i accidently hooked up the headphone output into my pre amp input, and then into my convertors........i wouldn't have been able to tell the difference in sound quality............. until somebody else later pointed that i was recording the headphone output of my synth

On most synth does recording the headphone output-----to DI/Pre---to convertors sound pretty good? Or is this just a wierd exception?
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Of course it can. For starters, if it does it does, no more explaination needed.

A headphone out is just a split from the line outputs with (hopefully) some output transistors so it can drive low impedances. It might have slightly more THD than the main outs, but not if its designed properly, and youd need test gear to notice it anyway.

M

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search