The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cajonezz new snare- bighunk o brass
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

Cajonezz new snare- bighunk o brass

so a buddy of mine gave me this snare that someone left with him ...been sitting for years.
Turns out to be a first run Tama Bell Brass 6.5x14... original heads still on, it had some oxidation, and 25 yrs of dirt on it, but cleaned up nice. Put cs ambo on it and it's SUPRISINGLY warm sounding ! Heavy as hell, at least 20 lbs. I don't particularly want to cart this sucker around.
If it ends up being redundant in sound with my present quiver of snares, I'm gonna sell it...

anyone record one of these? It's an unpolished patina, i guess they only made it for the first run of bell brass, then startted polishing...

pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Cajonezz new snare-  bighunk o brass-tama-bb.jpg  
Attached Images
Cajonezz new snare-  bighunk o brass-tama3.jpg 
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

If you decide to sell it, I'LL TAKE IT! Drum Doctors has some of those guys, Rus calls em the Terminator! Great rock snare drum, especially if you hit it like it owes you money! Good catch!
TommyD
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd
If you decide to sell it, I'LL TAKE IT! Drum Doctors has some of those guys, Rus calls em the Terminator! Great rock snare drum, especially if you hit it like it owes you money! Good catch!
TommyD
Dude... dont sell it. these babies do one thing and one thing only... ROCK!!!! its kinda one sound if you know what i mean but damn its a good one and nothing else really comes close to that one particualr sound.

and yes.. 'The Terminator' @ Drum Doctors is prolly THE most recorded drum on EARTH!!

Cheers
Wiggy
Old 5th September 2006
Lives for gear

Just a little follow up- This snare has made it on a few records this last couple months, really an amazing drum.

I''m a little concerned that my go-to head ( remo ambass) seem to fit REALLY snug. I don't want to dick with the bearing edges, so I'm wondering if head tolarences have changed over the years or what.

anyhow, this drum has made it's place in the snare drum case.

this weeks aquisition: a bleifuss 6.5x13 ( hopefully)

reports to follow.

cz
Old 5th September 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajonezzz View Post

anyhow, this drum has made it's place in the snare drum case.

this weeks aquisition: a bleifuss 6.5x13 ( hopefully)

reports to follow.

cz

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Old 5th September 2006
Deleted User
Sound clips. We need sound clips.
Old 6th September 2006
Deleted 2ef94c5
When CZ plays this snare it sounds naturally compressed with the most explosive stick attack I have ever heard. It will make you cringe from 20 feet away when struck right.
Old 19th September 2009
Lives for gear

I think I have to sell ....

Hey guys.. I think I'm very close to parting with this beauty. It really is a one of a kind, but the fact is-- daddy needs to pay some bills ( new baby )

to recap: this is the FIRST YEAR tama 6.5x14 Bell Brass. In the natrual Patina. VERY FEW MADE. It's a beast. on hundreds of recordings out there ( lovingly known as "the terminator" in drum doctors rental fleet-- they have similar) it's in REALLY great condition.

It kills me to part with, as i know it will not be replaceable.

I have standing offers ( numerous) of 1700.00 Just throwing a test baloon out to serious buyers to see if there is some trust fund drummer that can help defray the hospital bills i have on my desk.

be advised: it's HEAVY, and won't be cheap to ship.

Please hit me via PM if interested.

craig z
Old 20th September 2009
Gear Maniac

pm

I take this.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search