The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How do you consume Gearslutz threads?
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

How do you consume Gearslutz threads?

Hi!

I have noticed that the amount of views on some threads is surprisingly low which points towards a rather "selective" approach on consuming the Gearslutz threads... For instance some threads might have only a few views while others near it can have several thousands...

I myself am using my own programmed system that notifies me by email whenever an interesting thread is going on. In that way I don't need to poll the site as often. So I am notified about new interesting threads rather quickly. I have a filter applied on it that indexes threads on a lot of different words and I constantly update that filter to get the perfect blend of interesting threads. When I then need thoughts on something in particular I search among these threads and get fast access in this way. So I thought that maybe you also use a system like this on top of Gearslutz, since the number of views on some threads is so low...?
Old 6th May 2006
Gear Addict

"How do you consume Gearslutz threads?"

With Dr Pepper and Vicodin.

Thus fortified, I can manually scan the forums without fear of dehydration or nervous interruption. Doubling up on the Vicodin also raises the "Thisgizmo vs Thatgizmo" thread tolerance level admirably.

M
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTrax
"How do you consume Gearslutz threads?"

With Dr Pepper and Vicodin.

Thus fortified, I can manually scan the forums without fear of dehydration or nervous interruption. Doubling up on the Vicodin also raises the "Thisgizmo vs Thatgizmo" thread tolerance level admirably.

M
Hehe, okaaaayyy...
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

A few different ways, personally...

1. Threads which pertain to an equipment purchase I am considering, or an upcoming tracking/mixing situation.

2. Threads which I pretty much know have degraded into pissing matches because of the insane amount of replies to it. Sometimes this makes me ignore them, if I'm in the mood for it, it can be entertaining.

3. Threads started by members whose contributions I have found interesting in the past.

There's more but I've just been called for my online poker table.

Nathan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search