The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vintech x73i EQ
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

Vintech x73i EQ

I've added a few things to my toolbox lately and have really fallen in love with the EQ on this thing. Vintech gets a pretty bad rap by some members but I'm really happy with it so far. It's my first non-plug eq and wow what a difference between plug-ins and hardware. My daughter is having a slumber party in the basement tonight so the last few days have been spent moving my stuff out of the main room and into my "control room" so I haven't had a chance to try the pre but the eq is really a step up for me.

I added a MP-2NV, a Distressor w/ Brit mod and a pair of x73i's in the last week. For me in my basement that was a pretty slutty week.
Old 6th May 2006
Gear Maniac

I gotta say it's one of my favorite outboard eq's, actually it's my favorite, it's got so much charachter, that plugs don't have........
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

I've spent the last couple of nights going back and reworking older stuff that I'd done. Between the EQ's and the Distressor I'm really getting better sounds. I can't wait to get a drummer over here to try out the whole rig now.
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

I have a pair of X73s and I always thought the eq was alright. The pre sounds good. That being said, If I was going to downsize or try something else, they would be the first to go. I already have a pair of their (Vintech's) 1272s and the pres on those sound nearly identical to the X73's. My favorite eq so far is the Avedis E15. Used with any of my outboard pres, it's simply amazing.

I will agree that the Vintech modules with a Distressor is pretty damn good for processing things, though.

Congrats on the new gear!
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=absrec]I have a pair of X73s and I always thought the eq was alright. My favorite eq so far is the Avedis E15. Used with any of my outboard pres, it's simply amazing.QUOTE]

Well as much as I am liking these right now if they are just alright I really need to try the Avedis. BTW I've got a NP-2NV and an API 3124+ if you'd ever like to give them a try on something just drop me a note.

Will
Old 7th May 2006
Hi Will Glad to see the preamp search finally worked out for you.
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred
Hi Will Glad to see the preamp search finally worked out for you.
Thanks Nathan! You either have a great memory or a great database. Turns out that the room was killing me last year. Somewhat better this year but still learning and still working on it. I think that converters (Lynx Aurora 16) may be coming later this year. I'll be in touch if they are.
Old 8th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by McPhaul
Thanks Nathan! You either have a great memory or a great database. Turns out that the room was killing me last year.

Aaah, I suspected it was the room or the monitoring itself.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search