The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Faders on a USB MIDI Controller/Keyboard?
Old 2nd February 2012
Lives for gear

Best Faders on a USB MIDI Controller/Keyboard?

So Ive got a Yamaha KX49 but I really need some faders, sick of using a mouse for everything.

So I started looking at swapping the KX49 for maybe an alternative with faders on it. I checked out the Axiom (& Pro) 49, Akai MPK49, Novation Impulse 49, and Alesis Q49. All of the faders had really short "throws" (right term?), and seemed cheap & wimpy except the Akai and the Axiom Pro. Those are at the top-end of my budget though and the Akai simply wouldnt fit on my desktop anyways.

Then I started thinking about just ADDING a USB mixer. Perhaps the Behringer BCF2000 or the Korg NanoKontrol2. I like the idea of motorized faders on the BCF2000 but its SO UGLY IMO! It sez its black but every pic looks navy blue lol. The Korg could fit nicely on top of a blank spot ON my KX49 actually, but its fader throws seem ridiculously short too!

Anyone have an opinion on any of these options?

Thanks!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search