The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
need help fast!! 02R question
Old 5th May 2006
Here for the gear

need help fast!! 02R question

so im setting up a session with an O2R

situation:

im using aux 1-4 as personal monitor mixes in the studio.

in the control room the monitors (and subsequently the headphones) are coming out of "control room out"

qustion:

can i not solo the aux outs (mixes in this case) and bring them up in the control room so I can here what i am doing to them?

I have a live sound background and find the situation much like mixing monitors and when say the drummer wants more kick i can pull up and here his mix and then add a little more..

does this same routing not exist here in the recording world?

anybody have a take on this?
Old 5th May 2006
Lives for gear
Set up additional stereo aux tracks for how ever many stereo monitor mixes there are, and assign the input on each one to the corresponding bus of the mixes (prefader) . Keep all of them muted unless you want to solo one (just like for your cue wedge in live sound world). Use the busses to feed the aux stereo tracks keeping the output the Main Output, and then buss those tracks to the interface outputs.
Old 6th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorGlory
Set up additional stereo aux tracks for how ever many stereo monitor mixes there are, and assign the input on each one to the corresponding bus of the mixes (prefader) . Keep all of them muted unless you want to solo one (just like for your cue wedge in live sound world). Use the busses to feed the aux stereo tracks keeping the output the Main Output, and then buss those tracks to the interface outputs.

hmm, ok brain is getting tired a little. (and first time on 02r)

ok, they are all mono headphone mixes except the main stereo mix.

explain "set-up additional aux tracks."

and so i have to go throught the interface (btw there are three tascam cards loaded in it)

and sorry, but its better to ask a question and looks like a fool once than not ask and remain a fool forever.

-c-

so there is no way to just "solo" the aux?
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear
Sorry, my answer was completely wrong for your situation. I initially misread some of your original post... The correct answer is that the 02R is designed to use aux 5 and 6 as monitor mixes, so in your control room output selection section, you can choose the 2 track inputs, the stereo mix, aux 5, aux 6, etc.... they are under the assumption auxes 1-4 will be used for effects sends, and 5 and 6 will be used for monitor mixes, therefore only giving you the option to solo auxes 5 and 6 in the section that selects the control room source.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm a moron and sometimes skim things I should read in full.
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

You can only hear Aux 5 or Aux, so use them as cue auxes. You can then use a Y cord (or a mult from your patchbay) to split the aux 3 and 4 signals, so you can send Aux 3 to the 2TR-A1 and Aux 4 to 2TR-A2. Then you can hear 3 (via 2TR-A1), 4 (Via 2TR-A2, 5 and 6.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search