The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audix Desks....
Old 1st February 2012
Gear Addict

Audix Desks....

I've had a search of the internet, and there's not much info on these (particularly MXT 1200's..) Few threads on here, but wanted some more specific info if anyone knows it..?

Got the option on a very cheap one of these, but its going to need a weeks work on getting it to a place where it's operational. Is it worth me doing it? Are the MXT 1200's good enough to warrant a £500 investment in doing it up? How are the EQ's?

There's lots of heresay, about ex Neve designers, 1073 style circuits etc, but Im sure that is just myth. Anyone who has used one, or has experience with them, pleeease chime in...
Old 1st February 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davido View Post
I've had a search of the internet, and there's not much info on these (particularly MXT 1200's..) Few threads on here, but wanted some more specific info if anyone knows it..?

Got the option on a very cheap one of these, but its going to need a weeks work on getting it to a place where it's operational. Is it worth me doing it? Are the MXT 1200's good enough to warrant a £500 investment in doing it up? How are the EQ's?

There's lots of heresay, about ex Neve designers, 1073 style circuits etc, but Im sure that is just myth. Anyone who has used one, or has experience with them, pleeease chime in...
Hey Davido, i have some audix pres from a MXT1200 console, let me tell ya that they rock, they have character, they aren´t the cleanest ones, but sound good, they have a vintage sound very particular, the sound is strong, the EQ is not the best but isn´t the worse, is useful. I use mines for drums, bass, electric guitar, etc. As you can see i use them for traking, but i never use them in a console to manage all the mix. I can say that they sound better that most of the cheap consoles arround, so for 500E, is a good deal, doesn´t matter if you have the 16 channel or the 12 channel, go for it. here is a picture of my Audix 1206 channel strips.
Attached Thumbnails
Audix Desks....-img_4029.jpg  
Old 3rd February 2012
Lives for gear

I have an Audix desk I think it's the mxt 1100. It's the only pro desk I've owned and I mainly just mix through it so I'm not sure how useful my opinion is. I do like it though, sounds chunky, the eqs are just bass, mid and treble sliders, but I find them very musical. There's a compressor on each channel, which you can't really control and is pretty severe, but it can sometimes be cool. I've only used the desk pres once or twice. They sound a little more transistor-ish than the V72's I normally use, but still good. I think Geoff Tanner knows about the whole Neve/BBC connection.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search