The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools 10 upgrade.. Still ludicrous.
Old 31st January 2012
Lives for gear

Pro Tools 10 upgrade.. Still ludicrous.

So.. I just took a serious look at a PT 10 upgrade from hd 8, and I have to say it's just so far out of the realm of any reasonable possibility.. I'm just so infinitely disappointed right now.
Old 31st January 2012
Truth. Even with the money in hand, it's almost impossible to justify for me.
Old 31st January 2012
Gear Addict

I'm with you for sure. I'll be rocking my PTHD9 rig for quite a while it seems.
Old 31st January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle muscles View Post
So.. I just took a serious look at a PT 10 upgrade from hd 8, and I have to say it's just so far out of the realm of any reasonable possibility.. I'm just so infinitely disappointed right now.
Well, if you don't think it's worth the money, why are you disappointed?

Can't say I've upgraded to 10 from 9 yet, but I will be shortly. I spent all weekend using a 10 HD rig, and it was vastly smoother than 8 or 9 - the disk caching alone and real time fades were super useful.
Old 1st February 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
My PT9 is a 'used' iLok transfer, so I can't do the upgrade. I still have my PT8 license, but I agree that the upgrade is prohibitively expensive. I can't say I'm too disappointed, as PT9 has worked out well for me, and I don't mind sticking with it. I'll look at PT11 when it comes out, but unless there's something I really need (and 64-bit ain't it), I'm glad to be off the upgrade merry-go-round.
Old 3rd February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Well, if you don't think it's worth the money, why are you disappointed?

Can't say I've upgraded to 10 from 9 yet, but I will be shortly. I spent all weekend using a 10 HD rig, and it was vastly smoother than 8 or 9 - the disk caching alone and real time fades were super useful.
That's why I want to upgrade.. It's not worth the money, but it's worth the upgrade.
Old 3rd February 2012
Lives for gear

There's my chippy.
Old 3rd February 2012
Quote:
That's why I want to upgrade.. It's not worth the money, but it's worth the upgrade.
That's a contradiction. It's either worth it or it isn't. If you think it's too expensive, it isn't worth it.
Old 3rd February 2012

Looks like I'm going to be upgrading my secondary system (LE/003R) to 10 just to be able to translate sessions for my HD system. Hope it will translate PT11 (without another upgrade) when it comes out!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search