The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how to track from Fast Track Pro into.. Pacifica..UA 2192?
Old 31st January 2012
Lives for gear

how to track from Fast Track Pro into.. Pacifica..UA 2192?

hey guys I got a string arranger coming to the studio to lay down some tracks.. my question is , he's using a macbook and vst's and his interface is a fast track pro.. My chain is a Pacifica-- going into a UA 2192.. What would be the best way to track his strings.. Should I go fast track pro outputs straight into the Pacifica then the 2192......... or use the spdif out on his Fast track pro, going straight into the UA 2192? Which of these would insure highest possible signal?
thanks fellas
Old 1st February 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioman View Post
hey guys I got a string arranger coming to the studio to lay down some tracks.. my question is , he's using a macbook and vst's and his interface is a fast track pro.. My chain is a Pacifica-- going into a UA 2192.. What would be the best way to track his strings.. Should I go fast track pro outputs straight into the Pacifica then the 2192......... or use the spdif out on his Fast track pro, going straight into the UA 2192? Which of these would insure highest possible signal?
thanks fellas
I would go through the pacifica.

I have a Pacifica and a 2192 - I track everything through them.
Old 1st February 2012
Lives for gear

ok kool.. so i would go trs outs from the fast track pro and straight in the Pacifica.. then Ua 2192? but wouldnt I be getting a degraded audio source coming out from the Fast track pro..
Old 1st February 2012
Lives for gear

Why not have him render the strings as wavs then export them to you? That way they'd stay in the digital domain...

Then you could import them into your DAW & use the D/A of your 2192 if you wanted to run them thru the Pacifica...
Old 1st February 2012
Lives for gear

thats sounds like a great idea but he will be coming in the studio and working there.. plus the client wants them there.. Should I just go Fast track pro(trs out) into Pacifica>UA2192??
Old 1st February 2012
Lives for gear

bumps
Old 2nd February 2012
Lives for gear

just wanted to get a couple of opinions before I decide how to go about it ... anybody
Old 3rd February 2012
Lives for gear

anybody
Old 3rd February 2012
Lives for gear

bumpsters

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search