The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
reverb dedicated midibox? Is there any?
Old 13th January 2012
reverb dedicated midibox? Is there any?

I'm looking for a hardwarecontroller (midi) for reverb. Like available for 480L and bricasti (though that one is way way sophisticated...).

There used to be a lexicon remote controller for the LXP reverbs... Is there a new offering available?

Old 14th January 2012
No midi controller for dedicated room mode manipulation?
Old 14th January 2012
Lives for gear

It depends. . . what specific reverb unit are you trying to control with midi? That particular unit will have to have built into it's coding that ability. If it does then usually its just a matter of assigning midi controller numbers and using a generic midi controller. So check the manual of the reverb unit you want to control.
Old 15th January 2012
I use severall. I just want a midi controller wich looks somewhat like this

Dedicated to my reverbs. I wonder what controller would get close...
Old 16th January 2012
Lives for gear

Well if you just want some midi assignable faders and buttons/knobs in a small package pick up the Behringer unit and start programing it (assign each fader/knob/button a midi controller number to match what your reverb unit wants to see. There is a good chance that each reverb unit will have different midi controller numbers do different things though so look into the Behringer to see if it will store multiple fast recall setups (so you can easily call up control of a different reverb unit). You are going to have to put some hours into making it work for you regardless of what you pick up.
Old 16th January 2012
Sounds like a job for an iPad app developer ...
Old 16th January 2012
Lives for gear

The resolution of touchpad faders is probably going to kill it for that purpose. If you wanted to get creative you could do it with any computer app where you can control assigned midi controllers (might be able to do it with your DAW even). That way you would not need an external controller unit, probably just a midi patchbay with your reverbs attached. It will be trial and error though as manufacturers impliment midi differently.
Old 16th January 2012
How much resolution do you need for reverb parameters anyway? With stuff like diffusion and density I find it doesn't change massively - I try the extremes and maybe choose a midway point.

Midi is only 128 values, so a touchpad controller is certainly able to provide a good fader. On the iPad at least - maybe not the phones or pods.

Sometimes I just want to enter a number anyway ... I think a well designed iPad app would be perfect for controlling reverbs. Especially if wireless could be used ... it should be possible.
Old 16th January 2012
Lives for gear

I thought the touch resolution on those was less much than midi (128) but its going mean some time regardless. The input on the reverb units is going to be midi though so you would have to get midi out of the touchpad or have that connected up to something that did midi. You might also check here: Sound Quest Midi Quest Editor/Librarian - Instrument Support List Midiquest Editor/Librarian software. They cover some hardware verbs but it might be worth it to talk with them about the units you have in mind.
Old 17th January 2012
I use Cakewalk Sonar and I can learn any midi box I'd desire. I so happen to have a nice desk. A Tascam Dm24 (center) and a SI-24 on the left. And I want a wire over my console and have that box dangling somewhere So I can controll up to 4 software reverbs. So you can quickly grab the box and change parameters...
Old 17th January 2012
Lives for gear

Possibly TouchOSC (properly setup and programmed by yourself for your particular interface and Midi requirements) connected to a host computer, and with MIDI distributed appropriated would do the trick.

TouchOSC Midi Setup Tutorial

If you have an iPhone or iPad already it's probably worth a shot provided you're willing to dive into a little OSC programming.

Cheers

Kris
Old 25th January 2012
Will that give me feedback with numbers or words?
Old 26th January 2012
Old 27th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
Will that give me feedback with numbers or words?
I don't think so. Midi is just 0-127, and without some kind of sysex type message back from the reverb box your controller has no way of knowing how the midi cc (0-127) values are scaled into parameters of the reverb.

Cheers

Kris
Old 27th January 2012
1 to 127 would work just fine...
Old 30th January 2012
Can't believe such a box isn't allready out there.
Old 30th January 2012
Lives for gear

Touch MIDI on the iPad is closer to what you're looking for.

Midi Touch | iOS MIDI

It would require some work on your part to build the interface, but I think it would work.

Cheers

Kris
Old 30th January 2012
Lives for gear

Or get the Alesis Wedge - the reverb is built into the controller.

Old 2nd February 2012
I'm aware of the Alesis Wedge. I want to step into the future. Not the past.
But thanks anyway for the recommendation. The Wedge would not controll the reverbs present in my DAW. So that would be pointless.
Old 9th May 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
I'm aware of the Alesis Wedge. I want to step into the future. Not the past.
But thanks anyway for the recommendation. The Wedge would not controll the reverbs present in my DAW. So that would be pointless.
öh.. what you want is just a standard midi controller.. thats what they suppose to do, control parameters that is.. and as evey plug/or hardware have diffrent numbers for the parameters there cant be a dedicated controller for ALL reverbs out there..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search