The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lion, motu, hedd192 clock jitter?
Old 5th January 2012
Gear Maniac

Lion, motu, hedd192 clock jitter?

Hi, I'm having some trouble with my setup and I was hoping someone here could give me some insight. I make use of a motu traveler mk1. I sync the motu's clock to a cranesong hedd192 clock. Under snow leopard this was no problem as everything worked 100%. Since upgrading to lion the same setup gives me jitter and audio silence. Is anyone here experiencing a similar thing with an external clock, motu and lion?
Old 5th January 2012
Lives for gear

Do the units lock when not attached to your DAW? Traveller will work in standalone mode for you to test.

How are you hearing jitter? Do you mean clicks and pops? That's not usually how jitter is described. I guess technically it is jitter, but really that's just an unlocked clock problem. The term jitter is usually reserved for deviation in a locked signal.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search