The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Setting up KRK 5 studio monitors, HELP!
Old 4th January 2012
Deleted 21d2dba
Setting up KRK 5 studio monitors, HELP!

Hello everyone, i come to you with a problem when it comes to setting up a pair of KRK speakers. I have no idea how to properly set them up. I have done a ton of searching on Google and have turned up with barely any information. I see XLR/TRS inputs and hear there the best way to connect them up. Problem is i have no idea how i would even connect them to my 5.1 maplins 5.1 sound card (lol)

http://media.soundonsound.com/sos/au.../krkrear.l.jpg

Again im kind of on a budget after the massive purchase of the speakers, so i need a price friendly way of wiring up these speakers for music production using a soundcard or DAC, or even if there's some magical way i can get some high quality cables to somehow connect them both to my existing sound card? That's really all i need so nothing else fancy.

What i own:

Speakers: KRK G2 5's
Soundcard: 5.1 USB Maplins Soundcard
DAW: Ableton Live
Headphones: Sony 7509HD's
MIDI Keyboard: Alesis Q25
PC: Mid Range

Please help a noob out waited so long to grab these speakers!
Cheers.
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

Hmmmmm. I'm not a 5.1 guy, but it you can run a simple stereo signal out of the Maplins (maybe just using the "front" connection) you could connect them with something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Wire-TRS-...5678752&sr=1-1
Old 4th January 2012
Deleted 21d2dba
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
Hmmmmm. I'm not a 5.1 guy, but it you can run a simple stereo signal out of the Maplins (maybe just using the "front" connection) you could connect them with something like this:

Amazon.com: Live Wire 1/8" (TRS) - Dual 1/4" Y Cable 10 Foot: Electronics
Ok thanks, this is just temporary until i can afford a proper sound card. With what you linked me, am i still able to have left and right channels?
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 21d2dba View Post
Ok thanks, this is just temporary until i can afford a proper sound card. With what you linked me, am i still able to have left and right channels?
yes of course...this cable splits you a stero signal into a single left and right channel....small end in your front output of the 5.1 soundcard and die fat end, one in he left and one in the right speaker!!

pce
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

the signal wont be ballanced though!
so the speaker will possibly play @ -6db...does not matter much(except for s/n ratio)..you will just have to turn it louder
Old 4th January 2012
Deleted 21d2dba
Thanks for the replys, i settled on 3.5 to duel XLR male inputs just because i have heard its a more secure fit!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search