The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ADAT Expansion For Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

ADAT Expansion For Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O

Hi,

I need to expand my Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O by another 8 inputs. As I see it, I've got several options:

1. Behringer ADA 8000 [via ADAT but limited to 8 tracks @ 48/24]
2. Another Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 or 26 I/O [via ADAT or daisy chaining but can do 8 tracks @ 96/24]

I don't actually need any mic pre-amps (I just use TRS jacks) but both of the above options have them anyway. I'm fine buying second-hand to save some cash.

My question is as follows...

... are there any other cheap options that I could consider to get get a further 8 line-level inputs? I'm in no major rush so I just want to set up some saved searches on ebay so I can keep an eye out for a bargain.

Any help much appreciated!
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

Bumpety bump.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com
Old 4th January 2012
I will go for OctoPre MKII in this case.
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
I will go for OctoPre MKII in this case.
Considering I won't be using the pres anyway, does the OctoPre actually have any advantages over for example buying a Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 I/O (£170 second hand) or a Behringer ADA 8000 (£110 second hand)?

The OctoPre seems to cost a fair bit of cash... for example the OctoPre LE (MK1) populated with an ADAT card still fetches £230-250 on ebay and the MK2 even more.

Cheers.
Old 4th January 2012
If you can buy Pro 10 secondhand ust do it. I think the preamps on these two are the same.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search