The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"super bounce" mode ? bounce in 96 khz ?
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

"super bounce" mode ? bounce in 96 khz ?

hello

i work at 44 khz cause my computer isn't fast enough to work at 88khz / 96 khz

why isn't there a SUPER BOUNCE mode in modern DAWs, that would momentarily convert every file to 96 khz, and bounce the whole thing at 96 khz ?

i've done this by hand once, converted a 44 khz sessions to 96 khz. the result is quite amazing : gone is all the aliasing, that harsh digital high-end problem is greatly reduced, every plugins sound better....

would be great
Old 4th January 2012
Because then you'd be bouncing a mix that wasn't your mix?

Can't say I agree with a lot of your comments (I think you're being a little fooled by the placebo effect/expectation bias) but if you really want to do this, just upsample your session file, and offline bounce it. Then if you need to make changes, go back to the original, make changes and repeat.

It's a pain in the backside of course, but so is offline bouncing a mix you can't playback in realtime anyway.
Old 4th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidusername View Post
hello

i work at 44 khz cause my computer isn't fast enough to work at 88khz / 96 khz

why isn't there a SUPER BOUNCE mode in modern DAWs, that would momentarily convert every file to 96 khz, and bounce the whole thing at 96 khz ?

i've done this by hand once, converted a 44 khz sessions to 96 khz. the result is quite amazing : gone is all the aliasing, that harsh digital high-end problem is greatly reduced, every plugins sound better....

would be great
does not compute
if you are not running dos or win3.1 you have plenty of pc power for 96

any used pc with xp can run 96 - splurge the $99
the speed really depends on your interface

are you using the internal pc sound card? many only run at 48 and convert to 44.1 if you want that rez.

that said
my win98se machine runs faster than my xp systems
because i ripped out all the antivirus and other windoze crap that slow pcs down. never on the internet so i dont need the security software. dont want the otehr win "features" just a fast pc for my photoshop work. and i ripped out all the excess crud on an xp machine for audio use.

tune your pc for audio. you may be surprised how fast it can really go.

splurge the $99 for an external interface if you want to run faster sample rates.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search