The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DAW that you can automate mixer scenes between sections?
Old 23rd December 2011
Gear Nut

DAW that you can automate mixer scenes between sections?

Hi
I was watching a CLA interview and one thing stood out to me that I really want to try.
The interviewer was discussing with him how he could setup a new mix on the SSL for a chorus and then just punch that new mix scene in as automation data.

I am on a MAc and I use Logic.

Is their ANY daw other than Protools HD which allows you to setup a verse mix then jump into a preview mode so you can freely setup a different mix for the chorus and then select an area of the arrange page you then want to print that new mix as automation data too?

I am really curious to just try this out as a mix technique so don't really want to have to spend to get protools hd to try it.

Any other cheaper DAWs on a mac have this?????

Cheers
Geoff
Old 23rd December 2011
Gear Nut

SOLVED )))))))

If you own logic check this out:

A Logic scene automation tool

| LOGIC SC |

Just downloaded it so its way too early to tell how it works with a big project, but its certainly interesting
Geoff
Old 23rd December 2011
Lives for gear

Interesting ... could you drop back in here at some point and let us know how it goes?
Old 23rd December 2011
Gear Nut

Of course Ivan is a bit of a genius he showed me some amazing stuff with Logic's environment at Sonikmatter years ago.

Cool to see he is still doing incredible stuff.
G

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search